Quote Originally Posted by Martianlander View Post
So Ole Miss has run the ball well all year? They have had a good defense all year? The stat that matters to me is 31-28. It was a team we should have beat two touchdowns even with injured players. I'm all for State but I don't understand when you don't recognize that they played lousy/semi-lousy. Weren't prepared.
UNM has run for 150 yards or more in 5 of their last 7 games and over 200 yards for 3 of their last 7. Kentucky held them to 91 and us to 108 but we held them to less yards per carry than any team in the last 7 games. They had 2 explosive run plays that accounted for 68 of the 108 yards. Their other 30 rushing attempts gained 40 yards, 1.33 yards per carry. They did not come close to running all over us and they have been running the ball well the last half of the year.

Us and LSU are the only 2 teams that went over 500 yards of offense on them in the last 6 games. Their defense is not good, but losing 5 possessions 2 inside the red zone was the issue along with freshman QB. You are way way off base on your fact points