Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
The problem with public education is that most of the money goes to administration instead of teaching... for every dollar spent on education in Mississippi, less than 25 cents actually goes to the classroom... for example, I have a brother in law that is a principal at an elementary school that has approximately 600 students....makes about $80K, he has his own office, 2 assistant principals, 3 secretaries, a grant writer, a program administrator, a counselor, 8 custodians, speech therapist,school nurse, plus several other admins that I'm not sure what their title is....that is not even counting the staff at the district office. His school also has a on-site workout facility complete with showers and lockers for the staff (not students). He also attends two or three conferences a year at resort locations that are paid for by the district, not to mention the annual summer trip to the Beau Rivage and a few trips to the Jackson Hilton all paid for including mileage. .. He will be able to retire at age 49 with 25 years of service . I'm 50 pay a ton of taxes and can't retire until I'm 67 without getting hit by more taxes and penalties.....and get hit up regularly for money for the school, because they don't have supplies..
This isn't including the Superintendent/District Office Staff which I'm not even going to get into what all they have.
I have a buddy that is the same way. He is planning on retiring in the next 10 years since he and his wife will have their 25 years in. One problem is "government" workers most of the time haven't worked in a business setting that worried about ROI or any other Revenue/Expense measurement. They just know that they get a budget of X dollars and if they don't spend it then it gets lowered.

I was hoping that the new President would help with these issues but apparently he is too busy having the American people pay him to go play on his own golf courses. Really brilliant business move by him becoming president. He will probably end up doubling his Net Worth in his 4 years if he gets everything passed that he wants. I hate all politicians.