Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Elephant Hunting Edition

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    The Weber kettle is the only way to go. I have two, plus the Weber 22" Smokey Mountain, plus a Go-Anywhere for intense searing....which I used tonight.

Tomahawk Steak. This has been on my to-do list for sometime, and this final weekend of time off before heading back to work on Monday was the perfect occasion.

Also decided to go sous vide with this one. I picked up the Anova sous vide machine while I was gone, but have not had a good reason to try it out yet. This was it. I sealed this gigantic steak with a few tablespoons of butter, and a generous dose of salt and pepper. Into a 135 degree bath it went for 2.5 hours.

Once bath time was over, it was moved over to a seriously hot fire in the Go-Anywhere for a good sear. These were Stubbs hardwood briquettes.

While steaks cooked using this method do not need to rest, I needed it to sit a bit while I finished the deep fried Brussels sprouts.

And here is the finished product:

The sprouts were deep fried and tossed with honey, soy sauce, and homemade Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale vinegar. The steak was a perfect medium, which I have to do as the girls in my house will not go any lower.

This first experiment with the Anova was fun, and very tasty. I look forward to playing with it over the winter.

Go DAWGS!
    Last edited by SapperDawg; 11-11-2017 at 08:02 AM.