Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
Someone called into Bo's show this morning (Weiner is guest hosting), and asked him about his statements about MSU basketball being involved with this scandal and about his claim that no good recruits would want to come to Starkville.

His response was basically "I didn't say MSU was in trouble or that good recruits won't go there, I just said MSU is in trouble and good recruits won't go there".
I don't understand why this mantra is repeated. You can't tell me recruits go to Kansas because they have a great school or location. Howland has proven he can take teams to the Final Four. He has also proven he can develop players and get them to the NBA. Westbrook wasn't a 5 star can't miss prospect and now he is the NBA MVP. Howland had something to do with developing a 3 star recruit into one of the best all around players in the NBA in the last decade.

Does he say that when MSU baseball gets a good recruit? For over a decade, MSU basketball had one of the top 4 teams in the SEC so it isn't like we have never had success.