Thread: Kentucky rivalry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Where's Bammer fit on most of y'all's "MSU Rivals List"?

Long time Bammers (like myself), have 1)AU or UT with LSU 3rd... Newer Bammers prolly rank it: 1) AU, 2) LSU, 3) UT
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post

Long time Bammers (like myself), have 1)AU or UT with LSU 3rd... Newer Bammers prolly rank it: 1) AU, 2) LSU, 3) UT
    To me, Bama is our #1 rival because it's the one I'd like to beat most. Ole Miss is second.

I realize that's not the popular opinion, especially those who live in Mississippi, but you wouldn't live here without changing your mind.

In my mind, a rivalry is a team that you would like to beat, whether you ever actually beat them or not. Win/loss record has nothing to do with it. A close record might make it a bit more intense though. I'd say Auburn and LSU are secondary rivals to Bama and Ole Miss. Kentucky's not even in the realm of consideration.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    To me, Bama is our #1 rival because it's the one I'd like to beat most. Ole Miss is second.

I realize that's not the popular opinion, especially those who live in Mississippi, but you wouldn't live here without changing your mind.

In my mind, a rivalry is a team that you would like to beat, whether you ever actually beat them or not. Win/loss record has nothing to do with it. A close record might make it a bit more intense though. I'd say Auburn and LSU are secondary rivals to Bama and Ole Miss. Kentucky's not even in the realm of consideration.
    If you still lived in Mississippi you would most likely think differently. Beat Bama and lose to THEM and it's not really a decent season. It is the other way around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post

If the historic series had been closer MSU-Bama would have been a heck of a rivalry. We are closer to each other than we are to our respective in state rivals. Think MSU-UA bketball during Stansbury and Gotfrieed (however you spell it). That got pretty dang heated. As it is it's not a rivalry at all. We obviously would rather beat you than anybody else we play. The real measure of a rivalry isn't who you want to beat. It's who you stinking can't stand to lose to because it eats at you 365 days a year. That's UM and only UM for us.