Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
I would like to believe we can beat Auburn, but I really don't. Malzahn isn't stupid. He could see how our OL couldn't knock Georgia's DL off the ball, which shut down our running game, and forced Fitz to pass. I would imagine that Auburn's DB's are comparable with Georgia's DB's and we will be in the same situation that we were last night. Their QB, Stidham, is probably as good as Fromm. In addition, Pettway is a tough RB who is hard to bring down, and the way we tackled last night was not encouraging.
Its not just about having a good DL. There's plenty of ways to better defend our run game if they are willing to guard the WRs one on one. I think we'll see many of them this season.

My problem is our run game is our strength, so we should make other teams shut it down before bailing on it like we did Saturday. Run it every down. If they shut it down for 3 drives, then resort to throwing it. Instead, we came out throwing. We ran the ball fine when we ran it, but we kept putting ourselves in 3rd and long due to incompletions. We werent once in 3rd and long by running it on 1st and 2nd down.