Thread: Thread for the Mullen complainers (including me)...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    It's like they think he (or anybody) should have been able to step in and have an instant national championship program without any ups or downs.

Since he has been here:

Bowling every year after the first season with a 5-2 record

Vs

2 bowl games the decade PRIOR to him getting here.
    No one has ever said that. I'm just asking that we play the best players and hire the best coordinators possible and that our coach is 100% committed to us and not looking around for jobs publically every offseason.

Just because Dan is better than Charley Shira and Slick Morton it doesn't mean that he should get a total pass on everything and not be criticized for not recruiting well and running a 160 pound running back up the middle. The issues that were brought up by "the whiners" were indeed changed- which means that those people weren't the only ones involved with MSU that saw some issues. It was the people at MSU making the decisions. They encouraged Dan to change some things in exchange for an extension. He did- we gave him the extension- and I'm fine with that. We've ALL benefitted from that. But I guess Keenum and Cohen are "whiners" too since they forced the issue with Dan. Or you actually believe that somehow some magical way Dan just naturally figured everything out in one offseason correcting literally every issue that the team had- after not having done so for the first eight years.

Would you rather be 6-7 every year with a St. Petersburg Bowl knowing that there are a lot of obvious issues that could easily be fixed but "hey! It's better than 1969 MSU football!"? Or have a chance to win 10-13 games a year with a solid team all around? I don't know about you, but I much prefer kicking everyone's ass that we should like La Tech and at least knowing that if we lose we're probably going to look respectable doing so. I already like this season much better than last season so far- and 2015 for that matter. It's not about "expectations"- it's about doing everything within your power to achieve your full potential. And if this team manages to reach 10 wins this year after all of the changes I'd say it's pretty hard for you to argue that the "unrealistic expectations" were that unrealistic in the first place. Of course you won't realize that and you'll keep trying to call out the very people that had the vision enough to speak up about it and help spur the changes so that we could reach our ceiling.

And since I know you don't believe me about the Cohen/Keenum meeting ask yourself this...

Why did we NOT give Dan an extension after a 9 win season in 2015 and we did after a 6-7 season? I'll let everyone ponder that for awhile.
    Last edited by Todd4State; 09-21-2017 at 05:25 PM.