Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
I find it interesting that you and Brunswick (Georgia residents) feel so good about this game.
I can't speak for Smoot - but, I still follow UGA fairly closely. I was raised on UGA in the Herschel era, believed Vince Dooley sat at the right hand of the father, thought Erk Russell was the toughest SOB on the planet, could recite Larry Munson's famous calls like "end around to Applebee" "my God a Freshman" and "Run Lindsey" and had Dave Perno as my UGA Baseball camp counselor. Almost all my friends Bleed that Red and Black - including my parents.

My confidence comes from the fact that my UGA friends that really know football are dead ass silent about this game. They know the OL is suspect. They know that Fromm is green. They are not sure if Kirby Smart is the second coming of Saban, or the second coming of Ray Goff. They know that Michel and Chubb have injury histories and a lot of miles on them. They know that the east is weak and are already wondering if Kentucky or Vandy will be the inexplicable loss of the season - or God forbid they lose both. They know we are hungry, and they are already looking for this season's disappointment. They project the confidence of Alabama coming into the game, but in their gut they know they aren't.

I think we win by 2 touchdowns, if not more.