Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
Yes, there is disconnect but there is also disconnect amongst our own fan base. How quickly some us forgot how easily we could have won 8 games last year with a shit defense and first year starting Soph QB.

If our defense marginally improves and Fitz has only 75% the jump Dak had from Soph to Jr seasons, we should expect nothing less than 8 wins. Fitz at end of Soph year was leaps and bounds ahead of Dak after liberty bowl. Just based on QB development under Mullen dating back to MiniLee and Ralph, why would anyone expect anything less than the improvements we have seen under previous QB's. Plus this year we aren't splitting 1st team reps into late September.

Just as with every other year, people look for more reasons to say we will suck than look at the best QB on the SEC on our roster. Barring a rash of injuries, I see no reason we should not win 7 minimum and will have at minimum 50-/59 chance in all games but Bama and Auburn.
??? I may have watched the wrong game last year, but that was MSU playing Miami of Ohio in a bowl game last year? Right?

Fitz is a beast, and I have high expectations for him, but I don't think he is wear Dak was at this point. I think he was actually ahead of him but has simply not progressed as quickly, which most QBs are not going to see the kind of imporvement Dak did.