Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
Excellent post, Todd! I think we sometimes forget Dan was only 37 when he was hired and he's still very young. I do believe he has learned and progressed and hopefully that continues.
Actually, I forgot that he was that young at that time until you mentioned it. In college I would guess most coaches aren't really in their prime until they are 50 or so. Which means Dan is either entering his prime or is about to. And he will probably be here when that happens. He'll be up against a decimated Ole Miss and I have to believe that Saban will either resign or start to decline at some point between now and 2027 while at the same time it looks like Saban has run off most of the more talented coaches to other conferences. The football conditions of the SEC are about to be the most favorable for us since the late 1990's- if not even more favorable in many ways. We may be about to enter our first true golden age of football since the 40's. It's only a matter of time before Dan is our all time winningest head football coach- likely in 2018 and actually mathematically possible this year but I think he would have to go undefeated this year to do that.