Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
I just wanted to get some feedback on this line of thinking.

It's clear IMO that next 5 years are an unprecedented opportunity for MSU's football when considering the history of the program.

- We have 7 players in the rankings of the top 200 players in the NFL

- We may be about to sign a top 20 recruiting class

- Our rival is a mess & about to go on massive probation

- We should be able to absolutely dominate in-state recruiting over the next 5 years

- We have 4 star QBs already committed that should get us through the next 6 years

- We have top notch DC

- ETC

Basically, my line of thinking is that the biggest threat to MSU taking advantage of the unprecedented opportunity that the next 5 years present, is coaching in-stability. Due to that, & I realize this may be unpopular, but, with the A&M, Auburn, Tennessee, & possibly Notre Dame jobs coming open in the next year or so, would you consider raising Mullen's salary to $6 mil or so just to insure that he's untouchable to other programs?

You realize you never want to negotiate out of fear of losing a coach, but the next 5 years presents an unprecedented opportunity that may never happen again in our life times. We are absolutely set-up over the next 5 years to compete at a level that none of us have ever witnessed & I just can't imagine how frustrated we would all be if that opportunity was wasted due to coaching instability.

So do you make sure Mullen is financially untouchable now, or do you play with fire with risk being that we are potentially wasting this opportunity due to coaching instability?

What say you?
Remember that our coach has children that have established themselves in their school, church and community... All LOVED by them..... The family, from what I am told, loves it here....