Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
Definitely will help the msu's of CFB more than the bama's of CFB. Experience plays a much bigger role for the msu's of CFB, so any extra experience our guys can get, the better. Also, we don't have the depth of bama, so getting 4 games out of a talented freshman or juco guy without burning his redshirt could be huge. For instance, we all want keyteon to get redshirted, but if fitz goes down for more than a snap or 2, we all know keyteon is our best option for success, even if he's raw. So if fitz misses a game or 2, keyteon can play, give us our best chance to win, and still redshirt.
No doubt

What I might do if I'm Mullen is play Keytaon extensively in our first two games that hopefully we'll win easily.

After the first two games, I'd play whoever is our 3rd stringer in garbage time & thus bank two games for Keytaon to come in & relieve Fitz, if Fitz were to go down.

Under this system, Key would play a ton the first two weeks, & therefore taking a load off Fitz, & then Key would still have enough redshirt eligibility (2 games) in which to be the backup QB should Fitz go down.