Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
I'm with you. I think the lack of pitching this season will lead to huge pitching depth the next few seasons. Denver McQuary , for example, might not have 5 innings pitched this year if not for injuries...and now he's shown that he has filthy stuff, and if he can throw strikes he'll be hard to keep out of the rotation or will at least give us a Lights out midweek guy. So instead of having to break in bullpen guys...we already got experience for guys like Gordon, Barlow, Ashcraft, and even some really good signs from Parker Ford lately. Add that to Self, Price, and Rigby and you've got a lot of reliable arms and some potential starters to add to Pilk & McQuary. That's not even mentioning the injured guys returning and any instant impact newcomers.

Now let's make sure Gridley and Mangum return, and we'll at least have a core of guys that can swing it some....

Mangum
Gridley
Stovall
Macnamee
Vansau

Who is going to fill the rest of the lineup?

Skelton
Alexander
?
From what i've heard, Mangum is going to come back. Hope we can get Gridley to stick around for sure.

Is Gordon going to ever do anything hitting wise? Wish we could get his big ass stroking the ball.