Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
The thing is no one except the people on the team who are in the dugout and at every practice would know why Canny did it exactly. Everyone is saying Canny kicking off Cyr and Marrero were the right moves. The day after and you look at it and people might lose their shit because he just kicked off our starting catcher and our supposed 2nd best pitcher who is going to be our Saturday starter. I guarantee he didn't just send out pitchers to hit just to be cute. He was sending a 17'ing message that if you halfass your focus or your effort YOU WILL NOT PLAY. He doesn't give a shit if he has to field an entire team of pitchers and random walkons. He isn't putting up with it. Hell, it is a lot better for our RPI to lose to USA rather than Bama at home.

So what if he let it slide because he tried to eek out a Tuesday game then it gets worse throughout the week. Then he can't do something drastic against Bama because that is a SEC game. It is a slippery slope. Mullen basically did the same thing with Fitz oddly enough against USA. As good as Mullen is with QBs, he knows what it takes and Fitz wasn't doing something. It might have cost us one game or that motivation is how we won down the stretch and will benefit from it in 2017.
VERY WELL SAID! Thats the point you, me and about a billion others are trying to get across. Probably just like what happened in our dugout tuesday night with some players! (No inside info here but having been in similar circumstances, I'd be willing to bet the players were half assing it in practice Monday and in prep for the game Tuesday and had probably been warned by Cann. Don't know that for sure but seen it happen before)