Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpatrol View Post
Ok so now I am ignorant. If that makes us win then by all means let the pitchers hit then. Something tells me there is a reason their mostly pitching and not hitting on a regular basis. And based on our record and tied for 2nd in the SEC I would say we have been winning. I understand your point but we will have to agree to disagree. Team has no wiggle room for another unnecessary injury if they can avoid it, especially to our Friday night guy. Unless he gets hit by a meteor of course ha ha! Then we all have bigger fish to fry.
And they wouldn't have hit if we had other position players to hit for them. Shit the pitchers had almost as many hits as the regulars. That in and of itself should tell you why you are wrong when some of them are taking better AB's than the position players.

Your opinion is misplaced at Cann. HE'S the only one that didn't give up. You should be pissed off at the team for their unacceptable effort. Sorry you lost 10 bucks having to watch that- but at least point your finger at the real culprits and it's not the baseball coach in this case. As a fan I expect a certain level of effort from our players and clearly we didn't get that from the position players but Cann is doing something about it and that's all I can reasonably expect and ask for.

If Pilkington had gotten hurt- I'd probably be pissed off at whoever he had to pinch hit for forcing Cann to put him in the game. I'm sure that genius thought never crossed your mind.