Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ben Garrett Pumping the OM LB Class on the Radio

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    If he redshirts, then Homedawg would be proven correct. He's never said Gay won't be very good, he just said he won't be ready to make an impact in year one.
    I stand corrected, I misread his post as he was comparing Leo to Gay. I would agree then, my bad Homedawg. I don't think there is any doubt he will be redshirted this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Leo made 100X more plays in high school than gay did. Now, as I said before, gay has an unreal upside. But your point is what I'm trying to say. Leo was more ready than Willie. Not even close.
    The consensus on Gay suggests otherwise. Leo needed the redshirt year to get in better shape and develop a work ethic. Gay is expected to contribute from day one. Most recruiting experts say this. Hell, Dan even said it in his presser.

I don't think you can get too wrapped up in "who made more plays" in high school. A lot goes into it. Richie Brown made a shit ton of plays last year but he also ran himself out of plays, couldn't get off blocks, and missed a lot of tackles. The talent evaluators out there rate Gay as they do for a reason, State and LSU duked it out over him for a reason, and Mullen is excited about him for a reason. He's gonna be a player.

vCash
    My basic point is that the HS production and physical stature of player B has nothing to do with the talent, ability or readiness of player A to contribute year one in college.

I think he will, you think he won't and it's sheer opinion.

vCash
    Apparently Mullen said Gay would be in the rotation day one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    Apparently Mullen said Gay would be in the rotation day one.
    Couple of things. 1, coaches say a lot of crap at signing day press conferences. 2, if he's in the rotation doesn't mean he's ready to be. Hell keyton is going to be in the rotation, he's forced to, ready or not.

vCash
    Couple of things. 1, coaches say a lot of crap at signing day press conferences. 2, if he's in the rotation doesn't mean he's ready to be. Hell keyton is going to be in the rotation, he's forced to, ready or not.
    That was very out of character for him to say about a true freshman who hasn't even been through a single practice yet.

One of us will get to say I told you so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    That was very out of character for him to say about a true freshman who hasn't even been through a single practice yet.

One of us will get to say I told you so.
    Yep. That's correct.

vCash
    kinda funny that you guys are arguing about two players who's college careers are nowhere near yet written ... but it makes for good reading

vCash
    Gay will play .
    Hill will play
    KT will prob have to play some ( hopefully not )

vCash
    Couple of things. 1, coaches say a lot of crap at signing day press conferences.
    No doubt, but I can't remember ever hearing Mullen come out and say what he said, the way he said it about a signee.....his response to a question about a highly touted signee is usually something along the lines of, "Eh, mmm, well ya know we'll see......if he comes in a works hard and learns the playbook then he could definitely see the field." I don't think I have ever heard him just flat out say, "Yea, that is a kid who will probably be in the rotation from day one." without adding in all the bullshit coach speak about working hard, learning the playbook, adjusting to the college game, etc.