Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nafoom cruitin update

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Curious....What exactly makes up a talented recruiter?
    A great communicator. A relationship builder. Someone with excellent connections in the area he targets. And someone who has a passion for recruiting. Think Tim Brewster or Tony Hughes. We don't have enough of those guys on this staff and that's why we suffer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    yep. It's why Clemson dropped him in the first place:

http://clemson.247sports.com/Board/2...ment--50000366

Btw, why don't any of our board's reporters look like Clemson's???? Can you work on that Paul Jones??
    And I really like her name AnnaL. Hickey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Yeah, that's not really a valid excuse. Howland certainly isn't having any trouble.

Sending a GA to whatever the hot nightlife spots are to throw out feelers for them doing drink specials or whatever so more folks can be there and partying isn't something that leads to massive violations. Nobody is saying we need to open a brothel.
    But, to be clear for ifyouonlyknew's sake, nobody is saying we need to, but nobody is saying shouldn't, either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Isn't he likely sign and place?

Yes. OM is on him for the temporary bump. He will not be at a D1 school unless it's Memphis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    But, to be clear for ifyouonlyknew's sake, nobody is saying we need to, but nobody is saying shouldn't, either.
    Young testosterone filled 18 yr olds at a minimum want a party atmosphere, some booze and some tail when they travel the recruiting circuit. They're getting that everywhere they go, and the MSU staff does their part just like the rest of the competition.

vCash
    Is tony gray another sign and place guy? Guard with very impressive offer sheet bring CB'd to om

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Touche

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Is tony gray another sign and place guy? Guard with very impressive offer sheet bring CB'd to om
    Got to be with the UGA and UF offers sitting out there.

vCash
    Yeah, that's not really a valid excuse. Howland certainly isn't having any trouble.

Sending a GA to whatever the hot nightlife spots are to throw out feelers for them doing drink specials or whatever so more folks can be there and partying isn't something that leads to massive violations. Nobody is saying we need to open a brothel.
    It's not an excuse. It's the truth whether our fans want to believe it or not.

vCash
    We had Rachel Baribeau and Laura Rutledge on Scout at one point on genes page. I believe it was the CJ Johnson year.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    It's not an excuse. It's the truth whether our fans want to believe it or not.
    It can be true and still be a really lame excuse at the same time. No sitting university president is gonna be OK with football coaches blatantly running afoul of NCAA rules. Whether or not Keenum explicitly stated that to all our coaches really has no bearing on what our coaching staff needs to do to improve recruiting.

Its basically like saying "My mom said if I ever get a DUI she's taking the keys permanently". That still doesn't mean you can't drive 75 in a 70 mph zone.

vCash

Exactly. I like how the people that complain about recruiting sometimes get lumped into "you want us to cheat our ass off like Ole Miss". No. I want 3-5 o-linemen with legit SEC offers that have played more than a year of high school football and aren't a sign and place grade risk that are rated three stars or higher and at least one of them be a four star recruit.

I like how Keenum is now getting blamed for Dan's lack of recruiting. He's basically saying that he doesn't want the coaches involved in high level cheating so if the boosters go rogue he's not going to fire the coaches over that.

vCash
    It can be true and still be a really lame excuse at the same time. No sitting university president is gonna be OK with football coaches blatantly running afoul of NCAA rules. Whether or not Keenum explicitly stated that to all our coaches really has no bearing on what our coaching staff needs to do to improve recruiting.

Its basically like saying "My mom said if I ever get a DUI she's taking the keys permanently". That still doesn't mean you can't drive 75 in a 70 mph zone.
    It is a lame excuse.

And you're right about the highlighted part too. Keenum would be a dumbass to openly support widespread cheating like what is going on at Ole Miss. And what you highlighted is why I don't think Ole Miss will get the death penalty. I think their Chancellor will put an end to it if he can. Unless it's too far out of control that even he can't do anything about it.

vCash
    Looks like he's just not that good and has some inflated measurables

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/under-a...8xBHNlYwNzcg--