Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
OK, so you eliminate all of them, or you eliminate non of them. You just can't selectively enforce it. We "know" of a lot of people who did it. We're all fairly certain that Bagwell and Piazza did it (now HOF'ers). There are guys, like our own Palmiero, who should be in the HOF because he is on the very exclusive 3000 hit/500 homerun club. When did they start using? When did they stop. How many times? Who did they face who was using? It's just wrong to selectively penalize a few when so many of the era were doing it. It's also reasonable to assume that some of our "poster boys" of that era, who we would never suspect would juice, probably did it, too.

I'm not excusing Bonds, and I hated the guy as a player. But I'm also not going to deny his talent - he's easily in the discussion of one of the best players of all time, regardless of steroid use.
Yes, I can. I remove those who I strongly believe cheated. Bonds is one of them.

Bonds was a truly great player before HGH, no question. And his results once he did are the best ever, no question. But I couldn't care less what he did after he started taking HGH, I don't count it.