Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gridironnow throws out early SEC power rankings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Intramural All-American View Post
    Kentucky beat us on a walk-off field goal in a game we should have won. We absolutely were better than them last year, and playing them at home this coming year, we will beat them. Also, home field advantage goes for 3 points, and they beat us by 2, so at worst we were even last year.

I'll say it again, you're the worst.
    Kentucky had 10 more 1st downs
    Kentucky had 192 more yards of offense

No way no how should we have won that game. They were better than us and its not even a question. We were lucky it was that close

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    We werent in 2016...and they will be better in 2017 just as we should be. We have the home game and thats huge
    BS...Kentucky just lost their best playmaker on offense and key WR. Their Qb isn't even a SEC caliber. But by all means keep believing the hype. My bet still stands and you've been hiding. Man up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Vandy improving too. Not keeping up with who they lose but they usually got some D now. If they can get some O going, they might surprise. I kinda like Mason too.
    Vandy's best def player just announced he is going to NFL draft, a LB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    BS...Kentucky just lost their best playmaker on offense and key WR. Their Qb isn't even a SEC caliber. But by all means keep believing the hype. My bet still stands and you've been hiding. Man up
    Kentucky played most of last season with their back-up QB. They have 2 starting QB's returning in 2017

They return their leader in receptions
    They return a 1,000 yard rusher.
    They RS'ed 2 4-star OL guys

Dont feel feel sorry for or underestimate Kentucky in 2017

vCash
    Kentucky played most of last season with their back-up QB. They have 2 starting QB's returning in 2017

But can their O line coach get them ready faster than Hev can?

vCash
    based on returning players- no way you can put State ahead of Kentucky
    The hell you can't. State is better than Kentucky. And to say we will be less talented on defense (as the article does) goes beyond retardation. I agree that we have questions on the o-line (like we do every year) and at WR, although we have some talent there. We will be better than Ole Miss by a good bit and better than Kentucky. I'd put us in a virtual tie with Arkansas, ahead of Mizzou, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Ole Miss. I think we may even be better than Tennessee, as well.

vCash

All talk and no bite. Man up with your beliefs or stop trolling

vCash

Who is the 1000 yard rusher that is returning, I believe I have read/seen that Boom Williams has declared for the draft?
    ( just asking, not arguing )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Wonder how not having a head coach will affect OM?
    Probably very negatively based on 1994. Hard to perform for people that are almost certainly not going to be back the next season.

As far as MSU, the thing about us is it all comes down to how quickly our JUCO guys can adjust. If it takes the customary six games and I'm sure for some of them it will we could be in for a rough start but we also could be in for a strong finish. I don't think our defense will miss Torrey Dale, Richie Brown, and Kivon Coman very much. I also foresee Simmons and Peters playing more than they did this year. I hope the D-I experience pays off in a quicker transition for the guys that have D-I experience coming in from JUCO's. The author didn't acknowledge our JUCO's and I think they may be the reason why we surprise him this upcoming year.

Dan can scheme around a bad o-line as he has for years now. We really need Champion or Philips to step up and start although if history is any indicator that probably won't happen. Couch and Todd need to step up as well.

vCash
    We will be better than Kentucky next year, no question. It won't be all that close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    The hell you can't. State is better than Kentucky. And to say we will be less talented on defense (as the article does) goes beyond retardation. I agree that we have questions on the o-line (like we do every year) and at WR, although we have some talent there. We will be better than Ole Miss by a good bit and better than Kentucky. I'd put us in a virtual tie with Arkansas, ahead of Mizzou, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Ole Miss. I think we may even be better than Tennessee, as well.
    I just disagree. Kentucky returns more starters and gets their starting QB back. They beat us with their back-up QB in 2016. We are at home so it should be a good game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    We will be better than Kentucky next year, no question. It won't be all that close.
    based on what?? Take the name off the jerseys and explain why

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Kentucky is what...1-6 vs Mullen? I like our chances no matter the circumstances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MabenMaroon View Post
    Who is the 1000 yard rusher that is returning, I believe I have read/seen that Boom Williams has declared for the draft?
    ( just asking, not arguing )
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...benny-snell-jr.

vCash
    Because they haven't been clearly better than us in forever, and we will have the far better QB. It's a Mullen offense, if you have the QB, we're freaking good. We'll have the QB.

You can talk about returning starters all you want, it's what the preseason projections will be based on. And when we're much better than those projections, you'll be just as wrong as they are.

vCash
    Funny thing with our fan base. If KY is mentioned in same breath as us everyone gets all bent out of shape cause Mullen "owns" them. Yet every year the same folks think LSU is a "toss up" game for us. Go figure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Funny thing with our fan base. If KY is mentioned in same breath as us everyone gets all bent out of shape cause Mullen "owns" them. Yet every year the same folks think LSU is a "toss up" game for us. Go figure.
    And how does that work out for us? We are to lsu what Kentucky is to us

vCash
    Not smootness, but we'll be at home and our defense will be better. We play them game six I believe which is about the same time that our JUCO guys should be turning the corner. Also, they could have a QB controversy and those can sometimes cause problems. And on top of that I am presuming we will have a healthy kicker.

Also during that game Aeris had 8 carries for an average of 4.5 YPC but Dan had not fully committed to him as the RB at that time and was still trying to figure out what to do with Holloway hurt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So you're in complete agreement that our defense will have less talent next season and Todd grantham is overrated. Nice to know
    Yep, didn't take the SEC analysts long to start throwing Grantham under the bus. And he directs that comment to "people that didn't like Sirmon" essentially implying that Grantham likely won't be any better even though Grantham has never had a defense outside of the top 50. I believe we could hire Nick Saban away from Bama and it would somehow be spun as a negative by most of the SEC talking heads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    And how does that work out for us? We are to lsu what Kentucky is to us
    Wouldn't argue that point. I figure us and KY may be about even next year. Not sure yet tho.

Seems like some of same folks also think GA is a slam dunk for us. I'm not sure about that yet but I ain't counting it as a slam dunk.