Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Gainer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    And who really cares? Our needs on the OL were filled already minus a tackle spot. Be more pissed about that than this guy.
    LOL. Our "needs on the OL" haven't been "filled" since Mullen arrived at State with Hevesy. We've had to "make shit work", not "fill needs". Apparently you've gotten so used to it that you forgot. We are nowhere close to "filling OL needs", which is why we need as many developmental commits to sign as possible, so maybe we can piece mill a line to get us 6-7 wins 2-3 years from now. So that post is somewhat laughable imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Y'all melt over the dumbest shit for football. It'd be difficult to find a more insignificant decommit from us in the last five years than this guy. Y'all just keep poking that Hev dead horse. Whine about it till Dan fires him seems to be the strategy being used by about five very active posters. It's annoying. Please stop. We all want Hevesy fired but we don't have to keep posting about it like we have Will James Tourettes.
    So you admit to wanting Hev gone, yet call one of our only OL commits "insignificant"? Doesn't make sense. This is the very reason the Hev horse deserves to be beaten continually....bc one of our best commits at one of our weakest positions, is "insignificant". That's a Big problem for a SEC West program.

vCash
    Gainer is a good interior prospect. He doesn't want to redshirt and wants to play early. That's not gonna happen with us. I'm not supporting Hev because ive heard stories from recruits' parents that Hev "forgets" about recruits, but do you really want us to lie to Gainer and tell him he's going to start at guard next year? It sucks losing him because he's going to be good once he gets some weight on him. But he's not going to be good next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    LOL. Our "needs on the OL" haven't been "filled" since Mullen arrived at State with Hevesy. We've had to "make shit work", not "fill needs".
    And this is the most disconcerting part of our entire OL shit show situation.

vCash
    Everyone needs to chill its obvious we are getting into the Flipping our own recruit business****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    SMH. People still don't understand the whole position coach thing I see.

Tell me what did Hev do to cause this kid to change mind since he first committed? Hev was the same coach win he committed as he is now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Tell me what did Hev do to cause this kid to change mind since he first committed? Hev was the same coach win he committed as he is now.
    people are gonna say he quit calling him, visits, twittin him, etc... Look I dunno if we told him to look elsewhere or if he has someone in his ear. The fact is right now he is no longer a bulldog, I don't care its not a huge position of need at the moment, with him being a guard. Now if he was a tackle then I would have a blood pressure doc visit set up.

vCash
    So we're gonna complain when we take guys who have no other P5 offers, but when we tell said prospect he might want to look around because he doesn't like what he hears and we have some other guys who want offers (who also have P5 offers) we get mad? This is the most Mississippi State Fan thing ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    people are gonna say he quit calling him, visits, twittin him, etc... Look I dunno if we told him to look elsewhere or if he has someone in his ear. The fact is right now he is no longer a bulldog, I don't care its not a huge position of need at the moment, with him being a guard. Now if he was a tackle then I would have a blood pressure doc visit set up.
    I wondered did his actual recruiter stop calling?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I wondered did his actual recruiter stop calling?
    according to some on here it seems like his primary recruiter is there to get a foot in the door and hand over a packet to his position coach, then wash their hands of them. T. Buckley is the primary recruiter but I haven't seen his name mentioned one time in negativity on MSU losing this guy. I think we told him to look elsewhere.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Whether we dropped him or not, this still is bad for Hev.

It's either bad recruiting or terrible evaluation. Either way, Hev sucks. We need an OL evaluator and get some kind of Barney deal to make Hev a recruiter only.
    That's why I included that last sentence in my post above about Hev sucking.

vCash
    LOL. Our "needs on the OL" haven't been "filled" since Mullen arrived at State with Hevesy. We've had to "make shit work", not "fill needs". Apparently you've gotten so used to it that you forgot. We are nowhere close to "filling OL needs", which is why we need as many developmental commits to sign as possible, so maybe we can piece mill a line to get us 6-7 wins 2-3 years from now. So that post is somewhat laughable imo
    We've got 2 NFL guys on our OL right now. If you expect us to recruit like Bama, you'll be unhappy the rest of your natural life. The problem is at the right tackle spot now. We've got a couple good ones coming in but we still need tackles.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    If only Ben Howland would yell at his players, then maybe John Hevesy would recruit better...

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    If only Ben Howland would yell at his players, then maybe John Hevesy would recruit better...
    We'd rush for 500 yards per game if Hev would get more sideline warnings.

Banned
    vCash
    So you admit to wanting Hev gone, yet call one of our only OL commits "insignificant"? Doesn't make sense. This is the very reason the Hev horse deserves to be beaten continually....bc one of our best commits at one of our weakest positions, is "insignificant". That's a Big problem for a SEC West program.
    He is a GUARD. We need/want a TACKLE. Not gonna be difficult to find an upgrade for a guy with zero P5 offers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We've got 2 NFL guys on our OL right now. If you expect us to recruit like Bama, you'll be unhappy the rest of your natural life. The problem is at the right tackle spot now. We've got a couple good ones coming in but we still need tackles.
    Get out of here with that shit. Nobody expects us to recruit like Bama. And I'll believe we have 2 NFL OL when I see it. If you think we're "all set" and in a good position with our current OL, then I can't take you serious ever again on this board bc you have no clue. You are seriously trying to tell me that we have "met all of our OL needs"? What are our needs....that they are above 6'2 and have a pulse, 2 legs, and a pair of arms?

We NEED to get better on the OL. Especially with the next 5 years of running QB's and solid RB's. And since we cannot get a recruit with immediate upside at that position, it is crucial that we bring in as many developmental OL prospects as possible each year in hopes that enough pan out to be "average" SEC players....does that sound like a program that has "met all their OL needs" to you? You may be fine with an average to below average OL, but I'd like to see an above average to Good SEC line considering the backfield we're going to have.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    When your offensive line gets 5 false starts in a row you probably should light their asses up Interloser_Dawg_EX

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    He is a GUARD. We need/want a TACKLE. Not gonna be difficult to find an upgrade for a guy with zero P5 offers.
    We are a year removed from starting a converted DT at Left Tackle and you wanna argue Guard/Tackle with me? Please, we'll take whatever we can get on the OL, & we all know it. And if it's so easy to find an upgrade, why don't we already have one committed in January with several spots open? Not nearly as cut & dry as u try to make it

Banned
    vCash
    We are a year removed from starting a converted DT at Left Tackle and you wanna argue Guard/Tackle with me? Please, we'll take whatever we can get on the OL, & we all know it. And if it's so easy to find an upgrade, why don't we already have one committed in January with several spots open? Not nearly as cut & dry as u try to make it
    Cause it's not NSD and he decomitted less than 24 hours ago. If NSD comes and goes and we don't have an upgrade from this guy by all means continue beating that dead horsey. Till then...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    And for the record TBuck is his primary recruiter and for the coast but obviously Hev is in charge of OL personnel.
    Good heavens I thought we had relieved Hevesy from being anyone's primary recruiter. If we haven't we are idiots.