Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geoff Collins...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Why do so many people seem to hate Collins? Yeah, he left in 2014. It happens. He seems to be a good guy and a good coach.
    He was a very average DC. I'm sure someone will post some positive stats in his favor, but stats are for losers. We didn't stop many people when we had to. The good teams didn't have much problem with our D. I think Diaz was a much better DC than Collins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    He was a very average DC. I'm sure someone will post some positive stats in his favor, but stats are for losers. We didn't stop many people when we had to. The good teams didn't have much problem with our D. I think Diaz was a much better DC than Collins.
    That shitty prevent D at AU 2013 comes to mind. Had the game in hand with a minute and change left in the 4th and just needed ONE stop, just ONE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    That shitty prevent D at AU 2013 comes to mind. Had the game in hand with a minute and change left in the 4th and just needed ONE stop, just ONE!
    I guess we have to rehash this every year. You guys do realize we have done this against virtually every team late in games close correct? LSU 2014 almost got us beat, Kentucky this year, plenty of other examples. Us going prevent isn't something Collins invented while he was here. That is something we have done consistently since Mullen has been here.

Don't want to turn this thread into a prevent defense thread, but come on. You guys know we've done that virtually every year under Mullen late game protecting a lead or tie.

vCash
    Like I Seen It says ****that guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I still fault Jiles for getting beat by TE on that play. He hasn't been the same since.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I guess we have to rehash this every year. You guys do realize we have done this against virtually every team late in games close correct? LSU 2014 almost got us beat, Kentucky this year, plenty of other examples. Us going prevent isn't something Collins invented while he was here. That is something we have done consistently since Mullen has been here.

Don't want to turn this thread into a prevent defense thread, but come on. You guys know we've done that virtually every year under Mullen late game protecting a lead or tie.
    Didn't we get a pass interference call too? Seems to me we got a BS call too. We had them 3rd and long but the PI just gave them fresh downs and a new spark.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

To be fair that is something the majority of teams do in CFB for some reason. It isn't just a Miss State or Dan Mullen thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    I suspect he was being facetious.
    I hope so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    To be fair that is something the majority of teams do in CFB for some reason. It isn't just a Miss State or Dan Mullen thing.
    And it's also not just CFB, watch the NFL they all do it at the end of halves and end of games. Coaches are so conscious of not having to answer the question about getting beat on a big play they play soft so they don't have to face it lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    He was definitely better than average. Diaz may be better, I don't know, but I think they're both very good.

Banned
    vCash
    I still like Collins and am glad he got this opportunity. His name was thrown around a lot as a replacement when all of the "Mullen to _____ " talk was happening, so I am glad he gets a chance to prove himself at a lower tier program in the event that we ever look back his way in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    I still like Collins and am glad he got this opportunity. His name was thrown around a lot as a replacement when all of the "Mullen to _____ " talk was happening, so I am glad he gets a chance to prove himself at a lower tier program in the event that we ever look back his way in the future.
    I still can't forgive him for leaving us in the middle of bowl prep. My wife (then girlfriend) got blocked on twitter by him mid game in the fallout. She's a keeper.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    I still can't forgive him for leaving us in the middle of bowl prep. My wife (then girlfriend) got blocked on twitter by him mid game in the fallout. She's a keeper.
    I'm pretty sure he left before bowl prep ever started.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Because they think it was a lateral move I guess.
    I remember that... It was amusing...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17