Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'll give credit to Yancy..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I'll give credit to Yancy..
    his recruiting coverage is really, really good. No bs chats, bones, or biscuits. No, I'm on the road today or sick today. No Odd are threads. Every single day he posts tidbits at the top of his page and gives updates throughout the day every day. He gives updates throughout the weekend on visits. He has good sources within the program and his subscribers eat it up.
    That ANYBODY can trust Yance. Really .. Best laugh of the day!

Here is one of his posts from the Malik recruitment .. commenting on EliteDawgs post ..

GroveReb84
    100 MONTHSPremium Member
    Ole Miss Legend
    20737 posts this site

Re: Malik Newman/ Courtney Cronin Question???
    3:07 PM

Truereb13 wrote: Not that ED has much credibility, but one of their users seems to be well connected to all the sports programs. "ifyouonlyknew" called the Leo Lewis flip a few days before and he seems to give out first hand info on their sports. He posted yesterday that he felt certain Newman would be a dog in the end.

People need to pay attention to this stuff. Either their boosters actively post on message boards, or they have very loose lips, but either way, when their message boards get the level of quiet confidence about them, 9 times out of 10, it's because they know they've made the necessary accommodations to land the signature.

I will be shocked if Malik isn't at State next year.

Yancyporter
    129 MONTHS
    Premium Member
    Ole Miss Legend
    38960 posts this site

Re: Malik Newman/ Courtney Cronin Question???
    3:16 PM

We will have to agree to disagree. I rarely see them predict a want of theirs is not coming and if OM is recruiting them 100 out of 100 they are going to State.
    To me they have less recruiting credibility or objective analysis of their teams (outside of baseball) than any message board I have combed through.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    This. He may do a good job of telling his subscribers what they want to hear, but if the goal is to provide good, accurate information then his recruiting coverage is dog shit. When Nutt was there and during the early part of Freeze's tenure he had some really good sources that were feeding him accurate information, but over the past few years his track record has been awful. And the reason that he is constantly posting 'tidbits' and updates throughout the day is because he posts every single bullshit rumor he hears with absolutely no regard for whether or not it has any legs.

I still can't believe that this is a serious post. None of my OM friends would even describe Yancy's recruiting coverage as "really, really good."

I think those good sources got po'd with him and left him in the dark, as for as any info from them.