Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This one is gonna be nasty

vCash

This one is gonna be nasty

Even though we both are pretty bad, this Egg bowl could be one of the nastiest ones in recent memory. All this garbage they are putting on LL and us this week could come back to bite them in the ass. If Vandy can put up 38 and over 500 yards I feel pretty good that Fitz and co. can smoke their asses. Theyre gonna need the Sheavior to play great to beat us. Our defense has its issues sure nough and their WRs are gonna make plays but OM's OL, RBs, and coaching staff is not close to UPigs. We can do it

vCash
    This could easily be a 55-52 type game and come down to who has the ball last. One thing that worries me is that they have a kicker and we don't. It's bad when you sweat extra points but I sweat those now like I sweat a 50 yard FG to win the game. I have a feeling we will see a lot of going for it on 4th down in this game. We have got to have TD's if the same defense took the field the last two weeks shows up in Oxford. But every time I see Graves take the field this is what comes to mind.

vCash
    We know we can, but it's on the players...period! Do they care enough, have the heart, and desire to play this EB with everything they have for 60 minutes? It comes down to the team. If not, it could very well get ugly...real ugly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    This could easily be a 55-52 type game and come down to who has the ball last. One thing that worries me is that they have a kicker and we don't. It's bad when you sweat extra points but I sweat those now like I sweat a 50 yard FG to win the game. I have a feeling we will see a lot of going for it on 4th down in this game. We have got to have TD's if the same defense took the field the last two weeks shows up in Oxford. But every time I see Graves take the field this is what comes to mind.

Graves is not going to make a 50 yard FG. Mullen would be better off throwing it. I think hes already shown that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    Graves is not going to make a 50 yard FG. Mullen would be better off throwing it. I think hes already shown that
    I would not attempt a FG from any distance with Graves at this point. Go for it every time.

vCash
    Please please please don't send the players home for Thanksgiving! Please let them enjoy the holiday at Seal!

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Statecoachingblows** View Post
    That was 1997....we lost that game 15-14 and it sucked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    I would not attempt a FG from any distance with Graves at this point. Go for it every time.
    This is the correct answer.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    I THINK THAT WAS RECRUIT WES SHIVERS WITH THE BLOODY FACE

vCash
    Nope, it comes down to coaching and their staff is better than ours. You and a lot of others are gonna get it before too long. I hope. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    We know we can, but it's on the players...period! Do they care enough, have the heart, and desire to play this EB with everything they have for 60 minutes? It comes down to the team. If not, it could very well get ugly...real ugly.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Statecoachingblows** View Post
    '97

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    Nope, it comes down to coaching and their staff is better than ours. You and a lot of others are gonna get it before too long. I hope. Lol
    Please stop posting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    I THINK THAT WAS RECRUIT WES SHIVERS WITH THE BLOODY FACE
    YES IT WAS.

You can't really see it in this video, I don't think, but I remember watching it live. The Saintly Deuce McAllister had his helmet off, swinging it wildly at folks.

This was the game where we led 14-7 and Ole Miss scored at the end of the game and went for 2 and the win.....that damn Cory Peterson. I think our backup QB (Morgan) played all day and we couldn't get anything going on offense. Our defense was manly in those days, though.

vCash
    If you are insinuating that our defense is showing up ready to play you couldnt be more wrong. Those idiots havent shown they can cover radio.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    With Logan hurt I would not punt either.

vCash
    It's pretty much always nasty.

vCash
    Since secret taping seems to be in the news today I hope someone on our sideline films what is said to our players from the stands. My guess is that Ole Miss wouldn't want their recruits to hear a lot of things their fans say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    YES IT WAS.

You can't really see it in this video, I don't think, but I remember watching it live. The Saintly Deuce McAllister had his helmet off, swinging it wildly at folks.

This was the game where we led 14-7 and Ole Miss scored at the end of the game and went for 2 and the win.....that damn Cory Peterson. I think our backup QB (Morgan) played all day and we couldn't get anything going on offense. Our defense was manly in those days, though.
    That reminds me of the '73 or '74 Egg in Jackson. There was a pre-game brawl and our running back Wayne Jones ran into the fight, the only one on the field that didn't have their helmet on. Needless to say he was abused.

vCash
    I remember the series before their TD drive. We had the ball around their 35 yard line. Hindsight is always 20/20 but I recall we attempted the long FG and missed. The field was wet. It was cold. We should have punted and played field position. However, even with a short field, We got them into a long 3rd down around midfield....maybe 4th and long....regardless they completed a long pass to set it up in the redzone.....ugghhh.