Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whoa, Vandy just knocked off Georgia in Athens!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    You'll never convince me Smart was the best they could do. It was politics plain and simple. You think our country club infestation is bad, Georgia's takes the cake.
    Its not so much country club as it is yearning for the past. They have an over inflated view of "the Georgia Way" and don't like anything that isn't Vince and Herschel. They want legacy coaches, they only want power running, and it will be just like 1980 again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    '14 = 8th
    '15 = 5th
    '16 = 8th
    That's crazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Yep. And I don't want us to do the same thing. LSU could have done the same with Les Myles too.
    I have a feeling LSU is going to make a splash hire, they are going to be very good in the near future.

Just my gut feeling

vCash
    Maybe 5 wins is possible next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Maybe 5 wins is possible next year.
    Haha upvote

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Since I'm in GA, I'm going to have to steal this from you. I get tired of the questions and pity around State, so this would be a great retort.
    Please do. I love poking at UGa fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Op4isabitch View Post
    I have a feeling LSU is going to make a splash hire, they are going to be very good in the near future.

Just my gut feeling
    Petrino would win a national title there within 4 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Petrino would win a national title there within 4 years.
    I have a feeling Ed O is gonna force their hand. I think lsu is gonna close out very strong for some reason. Besides Texas isn't letting Herman leave the state

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Its not so much country club as it is yearning for the past. They have an over inflated view of "the Georgia Way" and don't like anything that isn't Vince and Herschel. They want legacy coaches, they only want power running, and it will be just like 1980 again.
    Yes they've only won what one natty? That's crazy to think about. They are one of the haves in college football in a talent rich area and they play in the horrible east.

vCash
    Have any of them really done anything outside of a good year at Colorado st?
    Jimbo Fisher says hi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Op4isabitch View Post

Just my gut feeling
    My gut feeling says they hire Orgeron.

vCash
    Lots of boos throughout the game in Athens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Yes they've only won what one natty? That's crazy to think about. They are one of the haves in college football in a talent rich area and they play in the horrible east.
    They won one in the 1940s too. GT has as many Nattys in the last 50 years - and more recently to boot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Jimbo Fisher says hi.
    Yeah, if a natty is your thing

Haha... forgot about him

vCash
    They won one in the 1940s too. GT has as many Nattys in the last 50 years - and more recently to boot.
    Dang they're getting into black bear territory with the undeserved sense of self importance. That's a shame I've always liked Georgia

vCash
    Georgia got smart
    South Carolina got muschamp

Being in the sec doesn't guarantee we get a great coach if we fire Mullen
    Kirby Smart came from Alabama....a place you, me, goat, C34, WMD, Hack, starkvegasdawg, dawgs61....well yeah, just about any ED could probably be a successful OC. So there's that.

Oooooooo, you won at Alabama.....WT17 does that prove?
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    I know Georgia's down, but who saw that coming? 17-16.
    UGA isn't down. They traded a damn good coach in Richt for one who isn't very good in Smart. I'd give him a D or an F so far. This is why I'd still prefer for Mullen to rediscover the fire and be all in with us. He's proven he can succeed here. Unfortunately, I just don't see it happening. It's going to be interesting to see what happens at the end of the season, especially if we get bent over by the Bears at the end of the season.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    I've already asked my UGA friends if he is Ray Goff 2.0 - I got a bunch of "**** you" responses.
    their fan forum dawg post is recommended reading (my cousins a uga fan and is in meltdown mode) it lets you see someone else dealing with disappointment....lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by anubus View Post
    their fan forum dawg post is recommended reading (my cousins a uga fan and is in meltdown mode) it lets you see someone else dealing with disappointment....lol
    Oh I know - my BIL is a poster on a couple of those. They make ED look like calm, rational, realistic fans. LoL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    My gut feeling says they hire Orgeron.
    I don't think that's all bad, IF they spend the money on GOOD coordinators and O let's them do their jobs, he can sit back and be a people person CEO.

I think that would work well at LSU.