Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
I know it's not a popular stance but I'm intrigued by this. He's extremely smart and HIGHLY competitive. I think we need someone hard nosed that is willing to support his coaches but also willing to have a come to Jesus meeting quick when things get off the rails. As long as he is willing to let his staff handle things he can not (marketing, etc) I'm willing to learn more.
This is exactly how I feel. Very fair and objective post. Stricklin was Mullen's bitch, which was a big part of why he left and why our football program is falling apart. I can tell you that Cohen will be no ones bitch. No one expects Cohen to be a fundraiser or marketing genius, but there are people for that, they are a dime a dozen and replaceable. However, there is only one alumni of Mississippi state that has played a sport for us and coached one of our teams to a SEC championship and a National championship appearance. Cohen is a winner and understands how sports at MSU not only work, but can be successful. If Cohen is exclusively in charge of the athletic side of things, then count me all in, pending a homerun hire for baseball coach like I am hearing.