Thread: Frustrating

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdDawg View Post
    After having a few days to calm down I think I have figured out what is so frustrating about Dan.

Before I reveal that let me say this, I think everyone agrees we are not a national powerhouse and our opportunities for huge success doesn't come around very often. Now I also believe most of us want to do whatever we can to help, whether it be donations or just showing up and making noise at every game. Those two things along with any other help we can give our university is what will push us forward and allow us to see more and bigger success.

Now what frustrates me is the 2014 season. That was an unbelievable season! But looking back that season was our shot to make history. We should have been in the playoffs, no ifs and or buts about it. Think about it, even the most optimistic fans know it will be awhile before we are ever in that situation again, and I am not an ole poor Mississippi State fan. I know we can be better than what we are now.

That was our shot and we blew it TWICE, against Bama and Ole Miss. When we made the national championship in baseball I was unable to go, but I knew we would be back again someday. There is no way I would have missed us playing in the playoffs in 2014 though.
    Look at the end of season rankings. That reveals we rose to #1 by beating highly overrated teams. When we finally played good teams, we got our ass handed to us. It was not "our shot".

I really don't know why our fans can't grasp this. Emotional attachment to being #1 I guess. But in hindsight we were clearly overrated.

vCash
    [QUOTE=BoomBoom;621106]Look at the end of season rankings. That reveals we rose to #1 by beating highly overrated teams. When we finally played good teams, we got our ass handed to us. It was not "our shot".

I really don't know why our fans can't grasp this. Emotional attachment to being #1 I guess. But in hindsight we were clearly o
    The teams we beat were overrated but we also peaked early. We struggled down the stretch against bad teams and sucked against Bama and UNM.

vCash
    We played one great team, Bama, and we started with very conservative play calling. We scored a touchdown late to make it a one score game, but if we play that game loose then we are competitive throughout that game. Our signature wins weren't as big as they were when we achieved them, but we were a playoff caliber team that year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Look at the end of season rankings. That reveals we rose to #1 by beating highly overrated teams. When we finally played good teams, we got our ass handed to us. It was not "our shot".

I really don't know why our fans can't grasp this. Emotional attachment to being #1 I guess. But in hindsight we were clearly overrated.
    We weren't overrated, our intensity dropped after playing 3 straight huge games and winning all 3. Everyone should have seen us being flat vs UK and the others coming. Dan let us down after we lost to bama, which btw was partly his fault for coaching with no nuts and wide eyes in big games like he always does. His ''well we wouldnt have made the playoff anyway'' quote after losing the egg bowl still pisses me off