Thread: Why is it a big deal that Dan has interviewed for other jobs?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Officially he has only interviewed once. The others are all rumors. I think a lot of it gets built up right before signing day by Ole Miss people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Officially he has only interviewed once. The others are all rumors. I think a lot of it gets built up right before signing day by Ole Miss people.
    THIS is the correct answer. We also had people pimping every rumor to serve their agenda.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    THIS is the correct answer. We also had people pimping every rumor to serve their agenda.
    b-b-B-but I thought it was my #agenda to lie to everyone when I said we would struggle to win 6 games??? You said it was??? Funny how my #agendas always end up being the truth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    b-b-B-but I thought it was my #agenda to lie to everyone when I said we would struggle to win 6 games??? You said it was??? Funny how my #agendas always end up being the truth
    Yours? Interesting. You weren't around here then were you? Not when the Maryland BS was surfacing.

If you will go back and look I said I would be happy with 6 wins this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Does your regional manager know you are posting on the interest during business hours? Don't you have customers to serve or tables to bus? Where's your company loyalty to your employer?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    Does your regional manager know you are posting on the interest during business hours? Don't you have customers to serve or tables to bus? Where's your company loyalty to your employer?
    We at Taco Bell get breaks during the day. Mr Tuohy is very adament that we free our mind during break to relieve stress.

vCash
    Ha. But I would think that discussing the dawgs would elevate blood pressure not the opposite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Not sure who the official interview was with but I was told by a Maryland guy that there was enough talk to have numbers thrown around and some people thought they had a good shot of him coming there. This comes from someone that has no connection at all with MSU or Dan, purely from Maryland. With Miami and UGA open, Maryland wasn't willing to wait on him to see if he got either of those. Not sure if he had true interest or if he was trying to use them to get himself a raise but it happened as far as I was told.

Archimedes
    vCash
    The way the game is played now is agents negotiate a number before you interview. The only job he has interviewed for is Miami and then Richt became available and they went with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    The way the game is played now is agents negotiate a number before you interview. The only job he has interviewed for is Miami and then Richt became available and they went with him.
    In today's coaching world you are 90% of the way into the process of taking a new job by the time you "officially" interview. Most everything is done through agents to lay all of the groundwork specifically so it does NOT become public and become an issue at your current job.

The main thing that tells me Mullen was actively looking last year, besides the rumor mill, is the fact that we had such huge staff turnover. When the head guy is looking the assistants are looking. Heck, we don't have one defensive coach left from last year's staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    This, and Miami initiated the contact. A lot of the other crap originated up the road. Now we have our "own" repeating it as gospel. Misson accomplished on their part.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 09-07-2016 at 05:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Not sure who the official interview was with but I was told by a Maryland guy that there was enough talk to have numbers thrown around and some people thought they had a good shot of him coming there. This comes from someone that has no connection at all with MSU or Dan, purely from Maryland. With Miami and UGA open, Maryland wasn't willing to wait on him to see if he got either of those. Not sure if he had true interest or if he was trying to use them to get himself a raise but it happened as far as I was told.
    I think I posted this yesterday but the extent of the Maryland deal, as told to me, was a number thrown at the agent when THEY approached the agent about interest. No interview, no search on Mullen's part, just Maryland making contact to guage interest and the agent doing his job. Miami was a legit interview and all indications I got were he would have left if offered.