Page 6 of 115 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting 2017

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    RL transferring backing home from UFI I think.. So he will for sure be a EE..
    I don't understand how he is all the sudden a take when no one offered him last year and he didn't play this season at FIU. I mean don't get me wrong he was a stud at Starkville but it just seems odd to me. Maybe we didn't have space at the time? But still he didn't have any other offers worth anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    RL transferring backing home from UFI I think.. So he will for sure be a EE..
    He is back

Head Elitedawg Croot Reporter
    vCash
    Didn't say they were takes. I said they gonna watch them and see how they progress. Msu is interested. But they gotta have good years.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Forgot about this one.... We won't be his last offer.
    There will be circumstances that will greatly increase our chances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    There will be circumstances that will greatly increase our chances.
    go on...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    That is the rumor, very smart move the staff. Makes me think that Mullen is ready to step up in 2017.
    Yep he just hired 2 guys that recruit well nationally and if the news on this latest hire is correct we will have in state covered well also. It appears as if Dan is ready to hit a new level. I like it!

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Can someone explain how the imbalance came about in the classes and what can be done to get them more balanced? With the talk of taking 30+ next year again, which we have to do, won't that just make the imbalance even greater down the road? Unless I guess if we took several juco next year to go with the jr. class on board, but the way we redshirt them, not sure how that plays out.

vCash
    He play at FIU and FAU?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Willie Gay and Kobe Jones are really good friends that want to play together at the next level. Also, Kylin Hill knows he's our premier back in the class. These guys may lock it down before summer. Brad Stewart, Cam White, J'Marick Woods, CJ Avery and Keldrick Carper may pull the trigger as well. Also, don't sleep on the Keyshawn Johnson / Sirmon relationship.

Don't know how it will effect Keyshawn's recruitment but his QB is Tristan Gebbia (Rich's son) , a NM legacy who just came out with a top 5 including the Bears ? ? ?

vCash
    It'$ going to take a lot of convincing thi$ kid to go to OM to ride the pine for 4 year$. They are only offering him to gain an advantage on Johnson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    It'$ going to take a lot of convincing thi$ kid to go to OM to ride the pine for 4 year$. They are only offering him to gain an advantage on Johnson.
    Geez, going after another receiver? Maybe if they recruited to needs and not just chances to land any highly rated player they'd actually have the depth to not only beat Bama, but also avoid getting drummed by memphis in the same year.

vCash
    Jack walker has been CB'd 2 times to us. Are we thinking about taking 2 qb's?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    This isn't new. It's been said repeatedly that Kylin Hill & Cam Akers wouldn't be going to the same school.
    No offense but metcalfe and AJ were said to not go to the same either.

vCash
    Cam Akers recruitment is far from over. We have a very good shot here.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sbcmortgageman View Post
    No offense but metcalfe and AJ were said to not go to the same either.
    That's true & it's why you say never in recruiting but that's been the talk for a while. I hope we can swing both of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    Can someone explain how the imbalance came about in the classes and what can be done to get them more balanced? With the talk of taking 30+ next year again, which we have to do, won't that just make the imbalance even greater down the road? Unless I guess if we took several juco next year to go with the jr. class on board, but the way we redshirt them, not sure how that plays out.
    The 2013 class has been decimated by attrition and guys that left early.

Class of 23 players.
    2 early entrants to the NFL(Jones, Wilson)
    2 JUCOs that never finished their careers at MSU(Cox, Chappelle)
    1 never showed up(Sandberg)
    9 are gone without real contributions(Thomas, Irvin-Sills, Hammond, Christy, Wells, Flowers, Simpson, Samuel, McGrath)
    4 never redshirted and will be seniors this year along with the huge 2012 class that almost all did redshirt(Shump, Ross, Clayborn, Cleveland)
    And 5 will be rsJRs -- 2 of which I'd say are iffy to finish football careers at MSU(Myles, Coman, Williams, Harris, Gray)

As awesome as the 2012 class has turned out to be -- the 2013 class has been bordering on total disaster. Only 9 remain going into year 4 -- and possibly only 7 in reality. Only ONE in the trenches on either side.

Yes, you are correct -- a huge class next year upsets the balance even more. But the only way to correct that is to take a normal size class -- essentially put ourselves on a 10 scholly probation against the 85 -- and then take a normal class in the c/o 2018. As is, there are an absolute maximum of 9 scholarship juniors on roster -- counting all 3 incoming JUCOs, Dez Harris, and Damien Williams.
    Last edited by engie; 02-07-2016 at 10:57 AM.

vCash
    OM getting Avery's cousin (trying to get)is a great move on their part. Both can play Without the transfer, we were in great shape to get the younger Avery
    Last edited by raymond21; 02-07-2016 at 12:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    If Coach 34 and the rest of the team liked the 2016 Recruiting thread, I'll be happy to create one for the 2017 class.
    Loved it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    The 2013 class has been decimated by attrition and guys that left early.

Class of 23 players.
    2 early entrants to the NFL(Jones, Wilson)
    2 JUCOs that never finished their careers at MSU(Cox, Chappelle)
    1 never showed up(Sandberg)
    9 are gone without real contributions(Thomas, Irvin-Sills, Hammond, Christy, Wells, Flowers, Simpson, Samuel, McGrath)
    4 never redshirted and will be seniors this year along with the huge 2012 class that almost all did redshirt(Shump, Ross, Clayborn, Cleveland)
    And 5 will be rsJRs -- 2 of which I'd say are iffy to finish football careers at MSU(Myles, Coman, Williams, Harris, Gray)

As awesome as the 2012 class has turned out to be -- the 2013 class has been bordering on total disaster. Only 9 remain going into year 4 -- and possibly only 7 in reality. Only ONE in the trenches on either side.

Yes, you are correct -- a huge class next year upsets the balance even more. But the only way to correct that is to take a normal size class -- essentially put ourselves on a 10 scholly probation against the 85 -- and then take a normal class in the c/o 2018. As is, there are an absolute maximum of 9 scholarship juniors on roster -- counting all 3 incoming JUCOs, Dez Harris, and Damien Williams.
    Hmm that's tricky. I'd almost lean towards balance unless I had a top 15 class knocking on the door

vCash
    So w/ Akers going to OM, Bowie already committed to OM, and Avery going to OM w/ his cousin, that means we have already lost the top 3 players in the state before the summer?

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Foo...chool&State=MS

I thought this was supposed to be our good year...