Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arkansas game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Yep, scared. They are going to kill us. Although we should score some points.
    Not scared, but pretty confident we will lose.

Banned
    vCash
    Sinking feeling we're gonna get rolled. Hail State anyway.

vCash
    I see a double digit win for the Bulldogs in this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Sinking feeling we're gonna get rolled. Hail State anyway.
    I'll be honest, I've had a sinking feeling ever since getting the news of the Joseph tragedy the day after the Missouri game. That kind of incident just has a huge impact on a team's focus. Just very difficult to overcome. Don't want to use that as an excuse for poor performance on the field but the situation is what it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I'll be honest, I've had a sinking feeling ever since getting the news of the Joseph tragedy the day after the Missouri game. That kind of incident just has a huge impact on a team's focus. Just very difficult to overcome. Don't want to use that as an excuse for poor performance on the field but the situation is what it is.
    Totally agree, has a big impact on certain players and coaches. Let's see how we respond this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    If I was Dan, I would start Aeris Williams, go back to running a true zone read since Ark's defense isn't a huge mismatch....and then get the play action portion of our game going again. We see no more jab step from Dak, no true play action fake to RB's, etc...and the reason is because we no longer run a true version of read option that the defense has to prepare for.

It's going to be hard to score in the redzone against Ark or OM if there is zero fear of a running play, no biting on play action, and no forcing of assignment football by running any actual READ option.

Just my opinion.

Dak is great...but even Peyton Manning struggled in his prime when the defense knew pass was coming every play, and they were strictly one dimensional.
    Arkansas greatest weakness is in the secondary. LSU cannot pass. Arkansas shut them down. We need to air it out and score in bunches. Ross, Bear, Brown need to all catch touchdowns. Mizz has a better defense than Arkansas, especially their secondary. OMU and Arkansas need the same game plan. Screw the run and air it out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgtini View Post
    Arkansas greatest weakness is in the secondary. LSU cannot pass. Arkansas shut them down. We need to air it out and score in bunches. Ross, Bear, Brown need to all catch touchdowns. Mizz has a better defense than Arkansas, especially their secondary. OMU and Arkansas need the same game plan. Screw the run and air it out.
    Our offense isn't built to succeed without play action. I'm not saying run it a lot...but use the run to make play action work. Otherwise Bama game 2.0 Bc we won't score in the redzone.

Just my opinion though. You may be right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Our offense isn't built to succeed without play action. I'm not saying run it a lot...but use the run to make play action work. Otherwise Bama game 2.0 Bc we won't score in the redzone.

Just my opinion though. You may be right.
    You get it. We need the RBs to carry the ball at least 15 times a game. They may only get 20 yards, but it's about keeping the D honest and keeping the threat of the play action viable. Otherwise, we screwed.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    We've had very few let downs in the Mullen era. This is where Dan's consistency pays huge dividends. He does well in spots like this.

I expect a rennisance of sorts for this team.

vCash
    The Arkansas defensive line is going to light up Dak. Bama exposed our offensive line. If we can't figure out how to run the ****ing football, we will lose out! Team don't respect our running game. Good teams will exploit our weaknesses. Also, Arkansas has a running back that can potentially put up big numbers against us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    The Arkansas defensive line is going to light up Dak. Bama exposed our offensive line. If we can't figure out how to run the ****ing football, we will lose out! Team don't respect our running game. Good teams will exploit our weaknesses. Also, Arkansas has a running back that can potentially put up big numbers against us.
    Maybe so, but they only have 14 sacks all year (13th in sec). By comparison, mizzou is 4th in the sec and got 3 vs us with no LT the 2nd half
    Last edited by msstate7; 11-18-2015 at 05:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Maybe so, but they only have 14 sacks all year (13th in sec). By comparison, mizzou is 4th in the sec and got 3 vs us with no LT the 2nd half
    I mentioned this in another thread but our (Arkansas) defense plays a lot better against pro style offenses who mainly run the ball. It's the reason we shut down Fournette and Henry but struggled against Ole Miss and Texas Tech. Teams with a mobile QB who can use quick passes to their receivers can score a lot on us. It's why I think this could be a shootout.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread but our (Arkansas) defense plays a lot better against pro style offenses who mainly run the ball. It's the reason we shut down Fournette and Henry but struggled against Ole Miss and Texas Tech. Teams with a mobile QB who can use quick passes to their receivers can score a lot on us. It's why I think this could be a shootout.
    That's the way I see it too. Whichever defense forces fg's instead of td's or whichever qb turns it over will be the difference

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgtini View Post
    Little worried about trying to execute a passing game in near freezing weather that our players see basically twice a year. Plus, while I feel pretty good about stopping their run game, Arkansas's pass offense seems tailor made to take advantage of Manny's bend but don't break style.

I'm just going to assume we will lose in Arkansas in November unless we are much better than the team we're playing. I'm no more down about our team now than I was two years ago when we went to arkansas, but I don't think this arkansas team is nearly as bad as that one was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Little worried about trying to execute a passing game in near freezing weather that our players see basically twice a year. Plus, while I feel pretty good about stopping their run game, Arkansas's pass offense seems tailor made to take advantage of Manny's bend but don't break style.

I'm just going to assume we will lose in Arkansas in November unless we are much better than the team we're playing. I'm no more down about our team now than I was two years ago when we went to arkansas, but I don't think this arkansas team is nearly as bad as that one was.
    If we can execute our passing game in a monsoon, we should be able to execute in the cold. Shouldn't get much below 30 before the game ends.

vCash
    We're gonna get boat raced

vCash
    Not a good spot for us. I think we lose by a couple of touchdowns. Night game in Fayetteville in freezing temps does not bode well.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    You get it. We need Williams/Lee/Dear to carry the ball at least 15 times a game. They may only get 20 yards, but it's about keeping the D honest and keeping the threat of the play action viable. Otherwise, we screwed.
    FIFY. If we use the correct personnel, perhaps mix in some Holloway on sweeps and bubble screens, we'll take it to UPig.

Folks, we got our ass kicked by perhaps the best team in the nation by perhaps one of the best D-lines of all time. They wreaked havoc on our O-line with 4 or fewer D-linemen, allowing them to take away Dak's strength this year, going through progressions and hitting the open receiver.

We will not face another line like that this year. Step back from the edge and enjoy the next 3 games. We can still win 10 games and finish 2nd or 3rd in the SEC West, 3rd or 4th in the SEC overall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    FIFY. If we use the correct personnel, perhaps mix in some Holloway on sweeps and bubble screens, we'll take it to UPig.

Folks, we got our ass kicked by perhaps the best team in the nation by perhaps one of the best D-lines of all time. They wreaked havoc on our O-line with 4 or fewer D-linemen, allowing them to take away Dak's strength this year, going through progressions and hitting the open receiver.

We will not face another line like that this year. Step back from the edge and enjoy the next 3 games. We can still win 10 games and finish 2nd or 3rd in the SEC West, 3rd or 4th in the SEC overall.
    BOOM!
    cautiously optimistic