Thread: How far do TCU and Michigan State drop this week?

vCash

How far do TCU and Michigan State drop this week?

#7 Michigan State lost to an unranked, now 4-6 Nebraska.
    #8 TCU lost to #14 Ok State, but lost by 20 points.

Last week, Utah dropped 10 spots from #3 to #13 for their 18-point loss at USC.
    #15 aTm dropped from #15 to #19 for loss to #24 UNM.

#9 aTm dropped to #15 after loss to then #10 Bama.

I'm thinking TCU drops to #12 or so. Does Michigan State drop enough for us to jump over them? I think they stay 1 or 2 spots ahead this week. Damn that Michigan punter for last week!

vCash
    I think we jump Michigan State. Nebraska was 3-6. I know their losses were close, but at this point that doesn't matter. TCU drops to maybe #13 or #14. I think they might be in the spot above us. They have Boykin and it's in the best interest of all involved for him to stay relevant, so I think that may inflate them a few spots.

I think we will be #15 in the playoff poll. I'm not even sure we get above #20 in the AP or Coaches. We were #24 in the AP Poll going into this week. So those rankings will probably not reflect where the committee will have us. But I will watch the playoff announcement this week to see where the committee has us. We should be at worst #16. Question is how high do they put us. Do they put us ahead of Michigan State? That would speak volumes to me if the committee put us ahead of a 1 loss Michigan State team. Maybe put us ahead of TCU who not only got blown out by Oklahoma State, but had also not played a single ranked team to that point? I think it's possible.

So do we end up at #14? Hell, maybe even #13? Will be interesting to see because I think we are at worst #16 with TAMU, OM, Memphis, and FSU losing. Question is how does the committee view our record up to this point against a team like Michigan State, TCU, and Michigan? That will tell us a lot.