Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Dan SEC coach of the year?

vCash

Is Dan SEC coach of the year?

pre-season media said MSU is 13th in conference, only ahead of Vandy. Right?

vCash
    Good point, but botching the LSU game doesn't ode well. If he wins 3 of the next 4, then possibly. However, I think Go Gatas' has the coach of the year right now.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I'm sure the narrative will change postseason. It is really a crime that some of these idiots get paid to give analysis. This year, having the best qb in the conference was no big deal and wouldn't matter. Next year, when we return most of our starters, losing Dak will be crippling and we have no chance according to the media. It's a never ending cycle. We are stuck in that Missouri mode where no matter how much success you have, people are always going to doubt you because people like Yancy Porter who don't know shit about evaluating talent say that we don't sign good players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    need to wait until after the season. As of now, definitely not. All we have done is beat UK and @AU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    if he finishes 10-2...yes. We are just 2-2 in the SEC right now. 4 big games coming up
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    if he finishes 10-2...yes. We are just 2-2 in the SEC right now. 4 big games coming up
    Where do you put the odds of finishing 10-2? I just have a hard time thinking we win out. Not saying we can't or don't have the talent to win out, I just don't think we will. Alabama will be a monumental task to win and we always seem to find some way to lose in Arkansas. I'm hoping we go 8-4 and fingers crossed for 9-3. I'd feel a lot better if we could figure out how to play defense in the first quarter. We don't need to keep spotting teams the lead every week. I'm thinking that we have only scored first against Troy, Northwestern State, and Auburn. So we're 3-0 when we score first and 3-2 when we don't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Where do you put the odds of finishing 10-2? I just have a hard time thinking we win out. Not saying we can't or don't have the talent to win out, I just don't think we will. Alabama will be a monumental task to win and we always seem to find some way to lose in Arkansas. I'm hoping we go 8-4 and fingers crossed for 9-3. I'd feel a lot better if we could figure out how to play defense in the first quarter. We don't need to keep spotting teams the lead every week. I'm thinking that we have only scored first against Troy, Northwestern State, and Auburn. So we're 3-0 when we score first and 3-2 when we don't.
    I think we have a real shot against Alabama, but we can't get off to a slow start. The real danger at that point is playing in Fayetteville the next week.

vCash
    There is a month left. A big month.

vCash
    So we're 3-0 when we score first and 3-2 when we don't.
    You are using the wrong metric.

We are 6-0 when we score a TD in the first quarter.

We are 0-2 when we don't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Good point, but botching the LSU game doesn't ode well. If he wins 3 of the next 4, then possibly. However, I think Go Gatas' has the coach of the year right now.
    One thing we will never know, if Mullen or Dak call TO before the delay of the game, would the FG been good. Just saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    You are using the wrong metric.

We are 6-0 when we score a TD in the first quarter.

We are 0-2 when we don't.
    Obscure movie reference rebutal.

vCash
    At this point, it's probably Jim McElwain's award to lose. Even if most of Florida's problems were related to former Coach Boom, Florida's turnaround has been impressive and they should win the East. Of course, that should change if State goes 10-2 (**knock on wood**).

vCash
    It's definitely McElwain's to lose at this point.
    If they were to lose a couple more games, Les Miles is next in line at this point.
    Leicester Till I Die

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Vegas has our odds of winning out at 5 %.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post

vCash
    So they're saying there's a chance!

vCash
    Gonna be tough- but it's doable. Bama is the huge hurdle obviously. We get 2 extra days to get ready to play- and the crowd will be nuts. Time for us to get a big win. It's on us to make it happen.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    If we win out and Dak plays like a top 3 Heisman candidate, then yes I think Dan should be in the discussion for COTY. But, it would still be hard to beat McElwain after what he's done in year one.

vCash
    Well, that's higher than I would have guessed.

vCash
    Do you not think we are a better team than Mizzou? UPig? UNM? I think we are better than all 3, and I think Bama is up & down with a shaky QB. They struggled like hell at home vs UT, and I think we're a better team than UT. Now we get these guys at home with them coming off a huge battle with LSU. On top of that, we get 2 extra days of rest/prep to get ready.

I know winning all 4 looks daunting, but if we look at them one-at-a-time, I REALLY like our chances.

People, we are gonna put an ass-whooping on Mizzou, and come Saturday night, may find ourselves 1 game back with a game at home vs Bama that gives us a chance to move ahead of them in most-likely tie-breakers.

A lot of you sweat UPig becuase we have mostly struggled at Arky. But we beat UPig last time at their place. Every other time they were simply a better team than we were. Don't think that's the case this year. Also, it seems to me UPig is more equipped defensively to stop run-heavy teams rather than prolific passers. They have not seen a QB this year of Dak's caliber. Dan is now 3-3 vs UPig, having won the last 3. The last one we lost to UPig, they ended up #5 in the country. They are not that UPig, and we are not that MSU!

Take a close look at each of the match-ups we have going forward and tell me why we shouldn't expect, at the minimum, a damn good chance to win each one. You don't think we can beat Bama in Starkvegas? Why not? We can't beat UPIg at their place? Why not?