Thread: 43 to 46 yard field goal

vCash

43 to 46 yard field goal

Watching replay and Graves crushed the 43 yard field goal from the right hash. From the camera angle the ball went out of view. It had to have landed 10 yards past the cross bar. Did anybody on that side of the stadium have a good angle on how far?

Without the penalty, it would only be 9 feet further back. Graves could have hit that and the 52 yarder too in my opinion.

On a side note, did anybody see the blown coverage and Walley breaking free down the middle of the field when Dak hit Wilson to get to the 29 yard line? Dak just turned his head to look to Wilson when he broke free.

vCash
    That was w a pretty stiff breeze. The last would have been against that same wind.

vCash
    Heres the thing. It should never have been a 52 yard field goal. Blame Dan, Dak, or whoever. Someone has to call that timeout.
    "You're just angry because the truth I speak contradicts the lie you live." -Steve Maraboli

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    That was w a pretty stiff breeze. The last would have been against that same wind.
    If lsu deferred to 2nd half, wouldn't we have gotten to choose which end zone we wanted?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If lsu deferred to 2nd half, wouldn't we have gotten to choose which end zone we wanted?
    We did. And just as lsu did in the first half we took the wind to start the half. The wind hurt us in the first half. they flipped the field on us early in the 1st q and kept field position for 20 mins at least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7dawg View Post
    Watching replay and Graves crushed the 43 yard field goal from the right hash. From the camera angle the ball went out of view. It had to have landed 10 yards past the cross bar. Did anybody on that side of the stadium have a good angle on how far?

Without the penalty, it would only be 9 feet further back. Graves could have hit that and the 52 yarder too in my opinion.

On a side note, did anybody see the blown coverage and Walley breaking free down the middle of the field when Dak hit Wilson to get to the 29 yard line? Dak just turned his head to look to Wilson when he broke free.
    I had an older gentleman behind me screaming at the top of his lungs, "throw it to walley" on that very play

vCash
    I was in the Student Section, Graves first kick would of went in from at least 46 maybe 50. Also there was no wind when Bell kicked, I looked at the flags before he kicked to see.

vCash
    Ive heard that Knox wanted Graves to kick it- Mullen overruled him. This is strictly a rumor- I cannot confirm if this is true or not
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayburn8 View Post
    I was in the Student Section, Graves first kick would of went in from at least 46 maybe 50. Also there was no wind when Bell kicked, I looked at the flags before he kicked to see.
    Flags weren't indicative of the wind. The wind was ripping thru the gap on the home side of the terrace in scoreboard club. Wind tunnel like about mid post level.

vCash
    Botton line- if Mullen doesnt **** up- runs 15 on a power to get the ball in the middle of the field, calls the time out and sets up the 44 yd attempt- Graves kicks it and gives us our best chance to win. Mullen failed with the spotlight on him- and that is not acceptable
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Sucks that Bell was left to beat himself up over a mistake made by someone else. Personally, I would have let Graves kick if another coach approached me and suggested it. Hindsight 20/20 too though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Sucks that Bell was left to beat himself up over a mistake made by someone else. Personally, I would have let Graves kick if another coach approached me and suggested it. Hindsight 20/20 too though.
    If anyone is upset at Bell, then their anger is misplaced and it should be directed at the person that put him in that position to start with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Botton line- if Mullen doesnt **** up- runs 15 on a power to get the ball in the middle of the field, calls the time out and sets up the 44 yd attempt- Graves kicks it and gives us our best chance to win. Mullen failed with the spotlight on him- and that is not acceptable
    This is literally the third time Dan has cost us or almost cost us against LSU in seven years. First you had the jump pass debacle. Second was last years substitution debacle that almost cost us- and now this year's Les Miles tribute to time management.

vCash
    I'm sick of playing Lsu, and if it were up to me, I'd take 'em off our football schedule forever. That 09' game still makes me sick. They own us and always will. No matter what.

vCash
    I'm sick of playing Lsu, and if it were up to me, I'd take 'em off our football schedule forever. That 09' game still makes me sick. They own us and always will. No matter what.
    They didn't own us last year- and if you look at the last seven years objectively it's more a matter of our coaches making better decisions than anything else.

vCash
    This thread makes me want to go play in traffic on I-10

vCash

Was it Walley who broke open?

Quote Originally Posted by 7dawg View Post

On TV, they gave you Dak's view on the pass to Bear to the 29. Given Dak was under pressure, but right as he fired the pass to Bear, Walley (or Ross) broke wide open over the middle. Like so open that a keyboard cowboy would have made it to the end zone. On the last drives it looked as if Dak was going to Bear regardless of what was happening. Not a bad problem to have, but wonder if he was passing to Bear, regardless.

vCash
    While re-watching the end, the announcer said Dan was trying to get a timeout. The camera never showed the sideline during the whole ordeal so I don't know.

Hasn't been anything said about it, so I presume Dan didn't try getting the timeout until it was down to 1 or zero.

vCash
    This is getting ridiculous. Sure we could have done better on that play before the FG. There were several others that had we done better it might have changed the outcome. You can't place all the blame on one single play in a game like that. Dak taking a sack on the drive before may have been even worse, but that single play didn't cost us the game either. Neither did the phantom or dumb penalty that kept one of LSU's 1st quarter TD drives going, not by itself. There are others, some of wich probably aren't evident without a thorough breakdown of the films.

vCash
    My student days beg to differ. Emory owned them.