Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Manny Diaz and the 2015 defense...

vCash
    I think Geoff is a good coach- but I also think he is not very creative and I think he is a "pleaser"- see the 1A/1B stuff where everyone plays the same amount of reps. He couldn't make common sense adjustments- like expecting Zach Jackson to be Matt Wells instead of going to nickel.

A good defensive coordinator should have been able to scheme to cover our weakness- our safeties- by blitzing and putting more pressure on the QB rather than rely on them to make plays without any help whatsoever.

But I think Manny is going to be a huge upgrade because of what I just talked about- he can scheme around some of our weaker players. Which is probably why Coman suddenly looks a lot better right now. By disguising what we are doing and blitzing more- we should be more effective as a defense. Not to mention playing our stronger players more- like Chris Jones, Redmond, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    You shouldn't speak for most people. If some took it the way you did, that's fine. My point is valid.
    You shouldn't speak for me then. Besides, we can take a poll if you want. You have no point. Thanks for pointing out Chavis and Muschamp have been on national championship teams. So has Gene Chizik by the way.

vCash
    I didn't say we had the best defensive coordinator in the SEC, nor did I say we would have the best defense in the SEC. I said that Manny believes he has the best defense he has ever had, and no he obviously didn't say that in an interview, that's completely against Coach Speak 101, but I do know with 100% confidence that Manny has recently been telling people off the record that this is the best defense he has ever had, regardless of school, and I'll take a coaches word over any expert, analyst or fan out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    F&%K IT!!!! Say it loud & say it over & over again. Don't be timid & reserved & bashful. No other fan base is. Auburn is saying Muschamp is the greatest thing ever. A&M has Chavis on the Mt. Rushmore of DC's. Why can't Manny come in & be that good. Let's stop playing it safe & be wait & see. Let's beat our chest & have some confidence. We want respect you have to carry yourself with a confident, cocky attitude. Forget being the quiet & humble fanbase. Grab your nuts sometimes & let folks know.
    I agree with Dan/Strick/Nemeth/Bart/Rockey- if not this year- its not gonna happen for us ever.

We are coached well
    We have the best QB in the conference
    We have a really good WR group
    We have a nasty DL
    We have 2 CB's about to be drafted
    We are a top 3 group in the conference at LB
    We play LSU, Bama, and Northern Miss at home

If not now- when? We wont have a better chance to win the SEC under Mullen than in 2015
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    That's just it folks are going to go crazy no matter what if you're losing. They going to lose their minds if you're loud & cocky or if you're quiet & humble. May as well be loud & confident just in case it works out.
    Baaaaaa!!!

Sweaters, Stockings, Caps, Scarves, Socks.... my wife actually has some domestic skills. She'll make us a fortune if she shears me!!!!
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    15-0!!!

Banned
    vCash
    F&%K IT!!!! Say it loud & say it over & over again. Don't be timid & reserved & bashful. No other fan base is. Auburn is saying Muschamp is the greatest thing ever. A&M has Chavis on the Mt. Rushmore of DC's. Why can't Manny come in & be that good. Let's stop playing it safe & be wait & see. Let's beat our chest & have some confidence. We want respect you have to carry yourself with a confident, cocky attitude. Forget being the quiet & humble fanbase. Grab your nuts sometimes & let folks know.
    Love it

vCash
    I'm not saying don't be confident or even cocky. I'm saying be wary. There are a lot of moving parts.

I assure you the real Dan isn't running around pounding his chest. He's confident, but he also needs to see some guys step up. Manny is confident, but he needs to see some guys step up. I like Manny as much as everyone else but he is not at Muschamp or Chavis's level. He has something to prove. If that serves as a chip on his shoulder that drives him to be better, great. But assuming it to be so sets you up for a mighty big fall later if things don't go just right. Then you have everyone going full retard and calling for OMGHUDSPETH.
    We're not coaches though. We are fans. (All of us except for ifyouonlyknew.) it's our job to be fanatical and insist that our team is #1 every year. Don't take yourself so seriously. At the end of the day this is only a game.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg496 View Post
    You shouldn't speak for me then. Besides, we can take a poll if you want. You have no point. Thanks for pointing out Chavis and Muschamp have been on national championship teams. So has Gene Chizik by the way.
    I wasn't speaking for you, genius. Perhaps you should consider having someone speak for you, though, because you're not doing a very good job of it yourself. It's okay to disagree, but you don't have to be a dick about it because you misunderstood something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    But I think Manny is going to be a huge upgrade because of what I just talked about- he can scheme around some of our weaker players. Which is probably why Coman suddenly looks a lot better right now. By disguising what we are doing and blitzing more- we should be more effective as a defense. Not to mention playing our stronger players more- like Chris Jones, Redmond, etc.
    I completely agree. A defensive coordinators job is too put his players in a position to magnify his strengths, not in a position to expose his weaknesses. Our defensive woes in 2014's last two games came about from a combination of one, Collins checking out, and two, a year of film full of exposed defensive weaknesses with ZERO sign of adjustment.

Now we have an experienced defensive coordinator, who has experience working with Mullen and has proven that he can make adjustments and learn from past mistakes. If Manny believes this defense is better than 2010, on top of having the best offense on paper in MSU history, we have no reason to not believe we are a top 10 team right now.

vCash
    Slow your roll. I didn't say not as good. I said not at their level, as in not as accomplished. That's not even a debatable point. Those guys were coordinators on national championship teams.
    what nat champ team was Muschamp on ?
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    what nat champ team was Muschamp on ?
    LSU with Saban, I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DistrictDawg92 View Post
    If Manny believes this defense is better than 2010, on top of having the best offense on paper in MSU history, we have no reason to not believe we are a top 5 team right now.
    FIFY. If Manny really thinks this is the best defense he's coached, then all it comes down to is whether Warren, Desper, and Clayborne are equivalent to Day, Beckwith, and Clausell. If both those things are true, then we would be looking at 11-1 barring key injuries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    he can scheme around some of our weaker players. Which is probably why Coman suddenly looks a lot better right now.
    Keep sleeping on Kivon!

vCash
    I wasn't speaking for you, genius. Perhaps you should consider having someone speak for you, though, because you're not doing a very good job of it yourself. It's okay to disagree, but you don't have to be a dick about it because you misunderstood something.
    Calling me names just reinforces my assumption that you have no point. Just FYI.

vCash
    I like that IYOK. Everybody be grab your nuts, on 3...

vCash
    Defense must have had a good day at practice today huh Dan?
    I love it........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Keep sleeping on Kivon!
    Ball skills are something that you either have or you don't. He hasn't shown me that yet- as evidenced by 0 INT's and 6 passes defended last year, three of which were against Vanderbilt. I think he is a striker though. If it were me, I'd bulk him up and move him to OLB and start Peters, McLaurin, or Bryant.

If we insist on playing someone that isn't our best player- which has been a theme under Dan whether it's Perkins, Cherrington, or Love last year- at least Manny can cover him up somewhat and make him look serviceable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I agree with Dan/Strick/Nemeth/Bart/Rockey- if not this year- its not gonna happen for us ever.

We are coached well
    We have the best QB in the conference
    We have a really good WR group
    We have a nasty DL
    We have 2 CB's about to be drafted
    We are a top 3 group in the conference at LB
    We play LSU, Bama, and Northern Miss at home

If not now- when? We wont have a better chance to win the SEC under Mullen than in 2015
    Its a great day to be alive. And a dog fan!

vCash
    You don't have to be rude. Clearly you are taking disagreement personally.