Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chris Doring say

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
    Agreed. They will be good but that's not who I was referring to when I stated there are at least two elite d lines on our schedule. That would be bama and ole miss (duck and cover as you guys throw rotten fruit at me)
    Oh, I know. I was just talking about the people panicking about the OL and the LSU game.

vCash
    I can agree with what you said about facing better.... We are in the sec west.

But let me add this. We face better last year and was very successful. We had 2 games that struggled with. None really an ol problem.

Now let's look at the over all picture. First our defense sees this offense every day. They have one up on any other defense we will face. Second, we did well vs those other defenses and we replace the losses with better talent. That means the ol should be improved. I have zero concern right now.

Engie I read what you said. The fact that they may be struggling with our DL shouldn't necessarily be an indictment on their ability. I get that. My point was that I think they will see at least two DLs better than ours and those are must win games to get to ATL

I'm not saying that I think they are bad. I'm
    Not saying that I think they are good. We just simply must wait and see. I hope you are right. That they exceed last years group (they will need to to get us to ATL) and that we have the most productive offense the SEC has ever seen. It's
    Not reasonable imo to have that expectation right now until we see them perform

vCash
    I would disagree with your assertion that our OL played well against elite DL last year
    my cowbell is louder than yours

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Haha, y'all think Doering was told something like that by people "inside the program"? Bull. Shit.

So we told a nobody from Florida, but DIDN'T tell McElroy, or any of the legit SECN guys?

Let me tell you what happened. Bo Bounds talked to Doering about us having to replace some O-Lineman, and that transformed into "people inside MSU's program say the OL will be down".

Y'all are crazy if you take these comments to heart, and I'm usually one of our most skeptical fans that keeps my expectations tempered. I DO think our fan base needs to temper things slightly, but not Bc of Chris effing Doering. He's a nobody that knows nothing.

Our OL will be fine, Bc it's about scheme and assignments, not blowing people off the ball. So we'll stay fine at OL. We will likely take a small step back in our DL, simply due to depth, but our OL is FINE. Besides, nothing helps an OL like a good passing game, a dual threat QB, and the ability to be multiple at RB.

The OP in this thread is very misleading too...that's not what Doering said. But again, who cares what Doering said?
    Ha, that's probably to a tee what happened.

vCash
    I HAVE talked to someone inside our program- our OL is going to be fine.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I would disagree with your assertion that our OL played well against elite DL last year
    Name one game that the ol did not do well enough to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I HAVE talked to someone inside our program- our OL is going to be fine.
    Funny thing is, I had these same concerns going into last season. discussed it here and you said not to worry. You ended up being right last year. While they weren't fantastic, they were above average

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Name one game that the ol did not do well enough to win.
    They did not play that well against ole miss or bama. I'm not saying it is the sole and only reason we lost those games and if we changed a few things here and there (a lot of that is on coaching/gameplan) we would've possibly had better outcomes in those games

vCash
    Our OL was dogshit against Northern Miss in the 1st half last year. We were poorly prepared for all their stunts and slanting. Worst job Hev has done in his 6 years getting our guys ready
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    They did not play that well against ole miss or bama. I'm not saying it is the sole and only reason we lost those games and if we changed a few things here and there (a lot of that is on coaching/gameplan) we would've possibly had better outcomes in those games
    We definitely didn't play our best games against those teams but not taking advantage of opportunities were the biggest reason we lost those games. We had over 400yds of offense both games so we moved the ball just didn't capitalize when we had chances.

vCash

But the point you are making....... Nm

The ol played well enough that we could have won those 2 games. It. was errors in other areas that cost us. In Bama, it was turn overs while in their red zone or close to it. The point is that we had a ol that was good enough. Now we have better talent. We should be improved

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    But the point you are making....... Nm

The ol played well enough that we could have won those 2 games. It. was errors in other areas that cost us. In Bama, it was turn overs while in their red zone or close to it. The point is that we had a ol that was good enough. Now we have better talent. We should be improved
    I wouldn't necesarily disagree with you when you say that they played well enough to win those games. That's probably true. I thought the play calling in both games fed into both of our opponents defensive strengths as well

Banned
    vCash
    It's on the internet, so it must be true. Really and truly, we should totally overreact and just cancel the season.**

In all seriousness, Nick James, Chris Jones and Co. will pressure a lot of lines. It aint just ours in practice.

vCash
    He's just trying to justify his 6-6 prediction. He is hinting vaguely that it came from our coaches which just doesn't add up given our policy with the media.

Nothing to see.
    LFC YNWA

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    If your offense is not struggling against your defense that sees you every single day in practice then you are in for a very long year. I remember when Tebow was at Florida they talked about how they could barely move the football against their 1's in practice. The defense knows what play is coming. They've only seen our plays ten million times. Manny Diaz is extremely confident in our defense publically, which should tell you everything you need to know about our defense. If the guys like Paul, Steve, Logan, Bonner, etc aren't getting real info on our players I guarantee you that some sec network guy that has probably been to Starkville once in his entire life isn't getting info on our players.
    Last edited by Jarius; 08-29-2015 at 12:07 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Interior. I want to be upfront that I have no personal knowledge. Just something I heard from someone more tied in than me
    The only conceivable liability on the interior of our line is if Clayborn is struggling to handle the transition to center. If so, that is a problem and something that can only be solved by multiple repititions both during and after practice. Otherwise, we should be good to go. All 3 starters are proven commodities, with 2 of 3 in Clayborn and Malone having potential of being drafted, and the 3rd is Desper who has looked solid also whenever he has been out there. The absolute worst our OL could be this year should still be top half of the SEC unless we just have a rash of injuries and lose 3 or 4 guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post

All circumstantial evidence points to our OL being at least as good as it was last year -- and deeper.

This stuff is not hard to see and project. How many years in a row are guys going to worry about this before they just accept that Hevesy is going to have a good enough OL every year? If the defense gets it together on a 2010 level -- we are going to have a very, very special season.
    Hevesy's guys always improve as the year goes on. Even early in his tenure when he had a lot of 'bad' talent he made them viable by mid-year. This is a different situation that seems more manageable. We should be strong along the front sooner rather than later into the season.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    If your offense is not struggling against your defense that sees you every single day in practice then you are in for a very long year. I remember when Tebow was at Florida they talked about how they could barely move the football against their 1's in practice. The defense knows what play is coming. They've only seen our plays ten million times. Manny Diaz is extremely confident in our defense publically, which should tell you everything you need to know about our defense. If the guys like Paul, Steve, Logan, Bonner, etc aren't getting real info on our players I guarantee you that some sec network guy that has probably been to Starkville once in his entire life isn't getting info on our players.
    Hammer meet nail. Spot on. The D sees these plays over and over everyday. They know the playbook and every offensive tendency we have as well as the O does. I would be more worried if the D wasn't winning more than losing at this point.

Banned
    vCash
    Until proven otherwise, offensive line is a valid concern. I have no concerns about the rest of the team, but offensive line concerns me, seeing as how I consider it the most important piece of the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    Sell, that guy has no inside to this stealth program and Hev likes this group.

He's throwing darts w a blind fold on.
    That's what I was thinking. Am I imagining things or didn't Hev (someone) say that the O-line was surprisingly good this year or something to that extent?