Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: rumor has it that Shea Patterson is looking around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RDawg90 View Post
    Patterson
    Scout- #1 QB, #3 Player
    247- #2 QB, #5 Player
    ESPN- #3 QB, #25 Player
    Rivals- #1 QB, #2 Player
    Won Elite 11 MVP, Team Won The Opening

Franks
    Scout- #4 QB, #71 Player
    247- #5 QB, #45 Player
    ESPN- #5 QB, #57 Player
    Rivals- #7 QB, #94 Player

I guess "rated basically as highly" means different things to different folks?.. I hope Patterson busts as much as anybody, but be real. LSU wanted him, and they, as well as every single school in the country, would take him tomorrow if he wanted to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    ^^^^ I won't say any names, but it appears someone has outed themselves tonight. ^^^^

Hmm, who worries about recruiting rankings more than any fan base in Merica? Who thinks Shea is the next big thing?
    Been thinking it for a while now, but glad he finally made it obvious. He's clearly a:

It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

Banned
    vCash
    A troll for saying that any school in the country would take, according to every recruiting service, at worst the #3 QB prospect in the country? Doesn't his offer list suggest that to be a factual statement? I'm confused.

Or is it because I pointed out that LSU's track record of signing high school QBs since 2009 is nothing short of abysmal?
    Last edited by RDawg90; 07-16-2015 at 10:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Facts? On a message board? About recruiting? Seriously?
    You keep talking to CDM like that, you are going to find a Yeezy in your ass.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    A troll for saying that any school in the country would take, according to every recruiting service, at worst the #3 QB prospect in the country? Doesn't his offer list suggest that to be a factual statement? I'm confused.
    But this is simply not true. Most schools do not recruit per recruiting services. We didn't recruit Patterson for a reason. Small, slow & obviously very unloyal & that's not something Mullen looks for in a QB. He's got bust written all over him if he chooses Ole Miss because as you like to say, History proves it.

vCash
    Got a Bayou Bengal alum working with me. She's serious into some LSU recruiting. She's heard the LSU working on getting Patterson rumor too.

vCash

Or is it because I pointed out that LSU's track record of signing high school QBs since 2009 is nothing short of abysmal?
    I don't know how hard we recruited him but I know Coach Mullen wouldn't take someone based solely on recruiting rankings. Based on our offense and looking at our roster of quarterbacks I would say if we signed a Shea Patterson we would have to totally change our offense or we would just have someone to run the scout team during Egg Bowl practices.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Star View Post
    Highly rated Louisiana kid, that LSU wants. I have no evidence besides that. But nobody expect Ryan Perrilloux to flip to LSU in he summer either, after he'd committed to Texas. They'll have something to say about it in the end, bet on that. Unless they stumble upon another quarterback they feel is better.
    I'm not sure how much LSU wants him...Franks is a better QB and can actually move

vCash

I believe LSU has an exponentially better record at signing QBs out of high school than UM. Aren't they working on the 2nd decade since they signed a high school QB and he started more than a couple of games. All their QBs are transfers or Jucos that play.

vCash

A troll for being inconsistent and in a way that favors UM?

No clue if LSU wanted patterson, but I seriously doubt they pay that much attention to recruiting rankings. But with your religious belief in the accuracy of recruiting rankings and your belief that LSU is abysmal at picking QBs, why would it surprise you that they had a lower ranked QB higher on their board?

I don't think you're a troll but you have to understand why you sound a little off to people.

vCash
    I have a friend that coaches at barbee high school..he said lsu still has interest in Patterson but the feeling isn't mutual..which is one of the reasons why he was looking to transfer. He was getting pressure from lsu folks..said Patterson is legit, but he's slightly over rated. This is the same guy that told me a month after Dax committed that he was extremely underrated and that we were getting a steal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    A troll for being inconsistent and in a way that favors UM?
    From an Oxford IP, mind you...

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Patterson is a consensus top 3 QB
    Franks is a consensus top 7 QB

There's really not a whole lot of difference there as far as rankings go. And it's not like the coaches are studying the recruiting rankings to determine who to offer- only UM coaches do that. They are both top 5-10 QBs and among the elite in their class- after that it's pretty much a coaches preference. I honestly have no idea if LSU wanted the kid or not- but I can assure you that a guy like Cam Camereon (who has coached Phillip Rivers and Joe Flacco) is not sitting at his computer and basing his decision on who to offer over the fact the one QB is rated #2 by a recruiting site and the other is rated #5. That would be absurd.

Also, I have a hard time imagining LSU allowing UM to hire Patterson's brother away so easily if they really and truly were devoted to him as the #1 QB on their board. They probably would have upped the ante if that had been the case.

Banned
    vCash
    I stand corrected.

Only thing I knew is he was 5 stars, supposedly highly recruited, and spent time in Shreveport (so I figured he was an LSU 4-lifer like many are). I have no idea if LSU wants him or if he's as good a quarterback as he's rated. All I know is, if he's truly projected to be a great player, he'll SHOULD end up somewhere where the average surrounding cast is better. Not at Ole Miss, where he's just being sold on Freeze's idealistic dream.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    From an Oxford IP, mind you...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Star View Post
    I stand corrected.

Only thing I knew is he was 5 stars, supposedly highly recruited, and spent time in Shreveport (so I figured he was an LSU 4-lifer like many are). I have no idea if LSU wants him or if he's as good a quarterback as he's rated. All I know is, if he's truly projected to be a great player, he'll SHOULD end up somewhere where the average surrounding cast is better. Not at Ole Miss, where he's just being sold on Freeze's idealistic dream.
    Some of these kids think that they are too good for Ole Miss to screw up and take the money.