Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The other Malik

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Well people seemed to think highly of Lewis, and Myles is a good bit further ahead than Lewis was at the same time in his career. Other than Lewis having a little better rapport with Dak and being a little better at finding soft spots in zones, Myles was basically as good as Lewis was last year. He was even a little better than Lewis with the ball in his hands; just more decisive and quicker to get up field.

He's not Bear and he's not Fred Ross, but unless it's one of the true or redshirt freshman, he seems like the third best WR we have. Considering Bear will probably end up as the best receiver we've had since Moulds, and Ross could be the best receiver since Moulds other than Kevin Prentiss (and maybe one or two others?), being the third best receiver on this team seems pretty good.
    I definitely don't think he will be our third best WR. I think Gray, Morrow, and Brown will all be clearly better this year. I think Myles got the time he did because Lewis went down and we had no other real options in the slot last year.

Again, I think Myles is a nice player. He has legit speed, but I haven't seen much else. Lewis was not as fast but more fluid as an athlete and that was everything for him. Lewis' year last year was a wash; you can't consider that to really be Jameon Lewis. I don't ever see Myles putting up a year like Lewis had as a junior.

I hope he proves me wrong, but that's just my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg496 View Post
    I'm not insinuating that Morrow isn't valuable or isn't good. I just think Fred Brown is close to being an excellent option for us.
    Fred Brown is my boy. I love the swag that he brings ever since he got ejected from the Alcorn State game.

vCash
    The slot receiver is not who the second rb will replace.

I think we will see a lot of 2 rb 0 re sets this year.

It fits our depth at rb and our lack of depth at te.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I definitely don't think he will be our third best WR. I think Gray, Morrow, and Brown will all be clearly better this year. I think Myles got the time he did because Lewis went down and we had no other real options in the slot last year.

Again, I think Myles is a nice player. He has legit speed, but I haven't seen much else. Lewis was not as fast but more fluid as an athlete and that was everything for him. Lewis' year last year was a wash; you can't consider that to really be Jameon Lewis. I don't ever see Myles putting up a year like Lewis had as a junior.

I hope he proves me wrong, but that's just my opinion.
    Whomever the slot WR is in Dan's system is going to put up huge numbers every year. It's one of the marquee positions in Dan's offense. It's all about getting mismatches and exploiting them.

I think Myles more than anything needs to work on catching the ball downfield a little bit- he was just a freshman who was switching positions last year so he will be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    The slot receiver is not who the second rb will replace.

I think we will see a lot of 2 rb 0 re sets this year.

It fits our depth at rb and our lack of depth at te.
    If the spring game is any indication, I think we will throw it a little bit more. That's because our strength is at WR and we have a fifth year senior QB who is a Heisman contender.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Whomever the slot WR is in Dan's system is going to put up huge numbers every year. It's one of the marquee positions in Dan's offense. It's all about getting mismatches and exploiting them.

I think Myles more than anything needs to work on catching the ball downfield a little bit- he was just a freshman who was switching positions last year so he will be fine.
    I just don't think Myles will ever be our primary slot WR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I just don't think Myles will ever be our primary slot WR.
    Myles was just a R-Fr last year. He is a good football player with a high football IQ. Fred Ross has more overall talent and will be the starting Slot the next 2 years- but Myles will play alot. He is a glue guy.

At some point our fans are going to realize our staff values the intangibles very highly. We are going to keep starting older guys and guys that do all the little things- or those guys will certainly be in the mix constantly for playing time. Shumpert will be the next example of this. Shumpert will never be the RB Lee or Williams are with the ball in their hands- but Shump knows all the checks, pass blocks like a mf'er, plays tough, leads, etc....and these things will keep him on the field until he graduates.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    And we have to have the glue to have special seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    And we have to have the glue to have special seasons.
    See 1998 and 1999 with Barrin Simpson being the glue.