Thread: Weekend and Cooking and Drinking Thread

vCash

Weekend and Cooking and Drinking Thread

Unfortunately I have a wedding (wife's friend) to go to which is greatly cramping my weekend. I'll probably just lounge at the pool and ok out Sunday night.

Did something really weird for lunch since I'm counting calories and it turned out really good. I grilled 3 pieces of catfish for my protein and I got two 2.5 ounce pieces of cornbread and chopped it all up together. The idea was making a somewhat healthy chicken/turkey and dressing with fish instead. 753 calories and turned out really tasty (for diet food).

vCash
    Not sure. I've got this picked out.

I've got a hankering for something Mexican. I can do guacamole pretty good - its surprisingly easy to make. Salsa...not so much. Might swing the bat and give it another try.
    Last edited by FlabLoser; 06-12-2015 at 01:15 PM.

vCash
    Opening act. Damn shame Hutchence off'd himself. Nobody was 80s cool like him.

vCash
    Chimay is good stuff

vCash
    I have a three year vertical of the Grande Reserve ready to drink, and INXS was a hellova good group.

vCash
    Not cooking this weekend, just too much tomorrow and headed to Athens to drop BD Jr. @ UGA Marching Percussion Camp (yes, I have two future FMB members in the house). Cheated and ate out tonight. Newish place called The Copper Pig. Had Beef Brisket over garlic mashed potatoes, covered in a brown gravy and topped with fried onions. The brisket was like eating turbo-charged pot roast. Damn good. Had a nice Red Hare Long Day Lager with it.
    [IMG][/IMG]

vCash
    Vodka over ice and arena football on TV. That's keeping it real in the offseason yall

vCash

vCash
    Haw Haw Haw Haw

vCash
    I've arrived at the wedding. Wish me luck gents

vCash
    Tito's martinis

C34's Ribs- sprinkle some worchestershire then my rub includes brown sugar, chili powder, onion powder, cinnamon chipolte, salt, a pinch of cayenne, black pepper, paprika

side items are home grown butter beans and corn
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I'm trying Southern Prohibition's 2015 IPA while eating pulled pork prepared by a friend. Both are great.

vCash

vCash
    Nice post LC. Gov't Mule is one of my favorite bands. They should be making a end of summer/early fall sweep through the South. If they get close, be sure to get out and check their show out.

They play at Sloss Furnace in Bham every few years...what a great show and venue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SapperDawg View Post
    Nice post LC. Gov't Mule is one of my favorite bands. They should be making a end of summer/early fall sweep through the South. If they get close, be sure to get out and check their show out.

They play at Sloss Furnace in Bham every few years...what a great show and venue.
    I missed them in Jackson in April so I hope they come close by again real soon. My last kid just graduated from high school so checking out more live music is a priority with the extra free time that I hope to have.

vCash
    Got some filet tips and made filet skewers. Served with baked potato and salad

vCash
    Had dinner Monday night at Mike Shannahans restaurant ... they had his Lombardi trophies and his rings all on display there ... the hostess said he was in the night before with Peyton Manning - food was incredibly expensive but very good ... the ambiance was pretty good too
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.