Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
You talking about swing instruction is laughable for reasons that you've proven on here with your thoughts on how to hit with two strikes. Even if we had a bad approach, you wouldn't know the difference.

What power hitters have we had that Cohen has "not developed"? We've had so few to start with. Collins has been hurt, Rea was recruited as a pitcher, and Holland is not a power hitter to start with. And even Humphreys has improved over last season and I expect him to continue to do so.

Who cares if Cody Brown leads us in doubles? I'm wrong because he's the tallest midget? He only has 13 extra base hits total. Why don't you compare their slugging percentage to the leaders of the rest of the league rather than against other singles hitters? NO ONE on our team is in the top 15 in the SEC in any extra base hit category right now.

A .420! slugging percentage compared to the SEC leader who has a slugging percentage of .729 and the number 15 guy has a slugging percentage of .549. But please tell me what a dummy I am when our hitters aren't even slugging remotely close to the top 20 in the entire league. And yes, when you have that many singles hitters you have to create runs by bunting for hits, stealing bases, and putting runners in motion. It's not ideal, but it's what we have to do to survive.
Funny you should mention the great 2 strike approach debate. For shits and giggles I recently asked 2 people in the Yankee organization, one an advanced scout and the other a coach, about this absurd debate, they laughed like hell when i told them what the 9 idiots on this board said was the proper 2 strike approach. I didn't ask because I needed to know. I asked to get a good laugh. And boy it was good. One response was, "shit, that won't work in wiffle ball in the back yard. What idiot said that crazy shit. You are kidding right?". Nope I said. People believe it.