Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Governor's cup game thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Cloyd, woodman, golsan, bortles, Robinson, Blackman, and dishon will be back next year. OM is gonna destroy our subpar pitching next season. OM is gonna be very good offensively next season. I don't see any area that we'll be good at next season
    Go look at their numbers and tell me how many of those seven scare you. Maybe 3? You can have woodman and Robinson, and Blackman and dishon couldn't start for us now, and it's not even that close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Final, UMiss wins 11-1 and as the saying goes: "It wasn't really that close."

Sad to say, but it turned out in reality to be actually over after the 1st inning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Go look at their numbers and tell me how many of those seven scare you. Maybe 3? You can have woodman and Robinson, and Blackman and dishon couldn't start for us now, and it's not even that close.
    They're getting better while we're getting even worse at scoring runs. OM develops hitters. They get better. Our hitters don't

Banned
    vCash
    I would take the auburn approach to chizik and fire Cohen. Chizik actually won a natty and for fired 2 years later. Last I checked, auburn football is doing just fine
    Thank u!!!! I said this and was attacked like crazy but I ageee 100 percent!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    At least Luke Reynolds came to play to win.
    7 for last 8. Hitting .250 now. Good for him.

vCash
    They're getting better while we're getting even worse at scoring runs. OM develops hitters. They get better. Our hitters don't

This and OM may have a lower batting average than us, but, on the most part, they have been able to get the key hits when needed, which we have not been able to do.

vCash
    That was embarrassing. Ima finish this Old Crow and hit the sheets.
    ?I didn't dare think of the future; the past was still happening.? - John Grisham

vCash
    Yea we are a disgrace right now. Sad, actually.

vCash
    Yea we are a disgrace right now. Sad, actually.
    12 teams make the sec tourney

2 don't

We're gonna be in that exclusive group of 2.

vCash
    How are we going to win another game?
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    That's just false. I don't agree with some of what Cohen does, but our primary problem is personnel, bottom line. Cohen didn't just completely change his coaching style after 2014, and he has always been successful. He bunts more (wrongly) bc we can't hit.
    What are you talking about? Look at our stances vs some of the better coached teams like Vandy. Look at the hands and elbows. Our elbows mostly start out a good ways away from the core of the body, which lessens power greatly. You ever see a boxer throw a power punch with his elbow at a 90 degree angle from his body? Then why would a coach allow a hitter to have the same approach. Look at lineup in the sec and you will see that both elbows close to body core and hands placed around back shoulder will have a higher slugging percentage than those with either different. It's simple physics that the common baseball observer does not see.

I watched Bama, OM, TN, Mizzou, and USC the last two weekends and the hitters who had better power kept their elbows close together and gripped the bat with their fingers. It's simple to see if you know what you are looking for.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    We have quitters in our locker room. A lot of them. Useless bitches. Good riddance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    What are you talking about? Look at our stances vs some of the better coached teams like Vandy. Look at the hands and elbows. Our elbows mostly start out a good ways away from the core of the body, which lessens power greatly. You ever see a boxer throw a power punch with his elbow at a 90 degree angle from his body? Then why would a coach allow a hitter to have the same approach. Look at lineup in the sec and you will see that both elbows close to body core and hands placed around back shoulder will have a higher slugging percentage than those with either different. It's simple physics that the common baseball observer does not see.

I watched Bama, OM, TN, Mizzou, and USC the last two weekends and the hitters who had better power kept their elbows close together and gripped the bat with their fingers. It's simple to see if you know what you are looking for.
    Man I hate to keep jumping on you on fundamental stuff. But I have to make sure people who may be trying to help young people hit understand what is important and correct. I will start by saying you are some what correct and wrong at the same time. As we have discussed before (and others have also pointed out) you are confusing stance style with a universal fundamental absolute. Hitters have to be allowed to find a start point in the stance that gives them a cue to find the correct slot. Look at these MLB hitters: (not the best photos but trying to be quick on my phone)

Now look at the same batter at load and his elbows now.

Looks like back elbow has properly slotted and the front has about the same amount of separation from his body.

Now look at Votto, Trout, and Cabera swings in motion

I see a lot of separation with that back elbow at the stance and load. The front elbow is closer but you still are about 1 to 2 fists away from the body. You have to have some separation at stance and load because at launch your body should cause arm abduction (causing your arms to suck in, especially your top arm when the elbow slots). This is a major key in developing power. In the clips also notice another very important absolute that you are incorrect about. At contact every one of those batters have bent elbows. It is a fundmental universal absolute that every high level power hitter uses. It will vary because of pitch location, batter style, and their own kinesiology. But they have bent elbows at contact. They have elbow seperation at stance. Now some hitters to start with their elbows at the body and that's fine at stance. Do what you have to do to start the load and launch sequence properly. But quit confusing people about what has to be done vs style. Anything at preswing is just style and hitters use cues to sequence themselves into the proper swing.

Here is a smaller guy just so you see it with a different body type

And just so the SEC guys don't feel left out. Bregman

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4JKjCSfh9ig

Swanson (horrible clip with the bar on the cage but you can see the his back elbow is away from the body and drops down into slot during the swing)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w_-Gf7ooQjo

I have a hard time understanding what style you advocate as well. You have mentioned so many key words that are from a pure linear background and now I think you are talking pure rotational. Because advocating hands close to the body is from the CHP philosophy. But you have also promoted taking your hands to the ball which is a linear approach and to do that your hands and elbows have to seperate. No other way for the hands to go to the ball but from that seperation. To be clear I am not pure either as there is a lower body linear element at load and launch. But the upper body and after launch the lower body as well become more rotational. I think you have used old school linear terminology at times but promote a more rotational swing pattern but it causes confusion. Update your studies and spend more time analysing videos of swings to make sure your thought process matches what is actually being done.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 04-29-2015 at 08:25 AM.

vCash
    But Clark, how can they hit if their "stance" is wrong? hahahahahaha

vCash
    Now THAT was an analysis Clark. Nice job.