Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Partial explanation of post season ticket situation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    oh, for the record, I don't vote.
    That explains everything. Carry on.

vCash
    Take that bullshit elsewhere. Why bring up the military? Im calling BS on your 15 years of season tickets because a rank of 3000 would be basically impossible.

I think someone is stretching the truth....

15 x $450 is $6750, which is basically what he has given in 1 year. So if you gave $100 and bought 1 season ticket for 15 years, it is virtually impossible for you to be 3000, especially with your consecutive year giving.

And military make more than a lot of regular citizens and get their school paid for. It aint like it was 30 years ago. Teachers and military are actual GOOD jobs these days.
    Last edited by Aces High; 11-13-2014 at 08:42 AM.

vCash

vCash
    What does your rank have to do with the price of tea in china? Im calling BS on 15 straight years of season tickets.

I just did the math and it is impossible for you to have that point total if you gave the minimum and bought 1 ticket for 15 years, not including you saying you bought post season tickets and increased giving as well. You also said season tickets, not ticket, so I low balled it and still the math doesnt work out.
    Last edited by Aces High; 11-13-2014 at 08:49 AM.

vCash
    You only get points for last year of Season tickets. 4 for me.
    Does not figure into seats bought for lifetime.
    Also you get points for post season tickets purchased which add up quickly.
    Also you called BS on my rank & I showed you what it shows on my dog tag.

I'm also glad you know all about my finances & life.......I'm simply discussing where I sit now in rank & the current situation.

http://www.msubulldogclub.com/our-mi...iority-points/
    Last edited by dnadawg; 11-13-2014 at 09:31 AM.

vCash
    The BC point formula is...

0.012 points per dollar pledged in the current year to the Bulldog Club Annual Fund, Endowed Scholarships, Club Seats, Intercollegiate Fund and Gifts-in-Kind

0.008 points per dollar contributed over the member's lifetime

Consecutive years of membership - 1 point for every year of consecutive membership for the first 10 years; 1.5 points for every consecutive year of membership for the 11th through 20th years; 2 points for every consecutive year of membership for years 21 - 30; 2.5 points for every consecutive year of membership for years 31 - 40, and so on.

1 point per priority season ticket purchased for Football, Men’s Basketball, Women’s Basketball, or Baseball, with a maximum of 10 per sport per year.

After that, points vary for a history of bowl game tickets purchased. Also the Texas Kickoff Classic game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dnadawg View Post
    So sorry my Military & public service career don't pay enough to meet your standard Ace.
    I guess a veteran has to know his place & sacrifice for everyone else in this situation.
    Guess I should have been giving a third of my yearly income to BDC all these years instead of doing trivial things like providing a House for my Family.
    It's not that you don't pay enough to meet anybody's standards. It's that people that pay more get better options. I don't pay much, so I have no good options. Like you, I've had to prioritize my spending. But I'm not pissed that other people get better seats. I'm glad that they put in the money I don't so that we have the resources to be a major athletic program.

vCash
    I have a semi related question.. How much does it cost these days to get season tickets in Club Level? Im just curious if I wanted to pony up and donate what it took to get where I need to be in line to get two club level season tickets... What am I looking at?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedawg View Post
    I have a semi related question.. How much does it cost these days to get season tickets in Club Level? Im just curious if I wanted to pony up and donate what it took to get where I need to be in line to get two club level season tickets... What am I looking at?
    ~5k

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    It's not that you don't pay enough to meet anybody's standards. It's that people that pay more get better options. I don't pay much, so I have no good options. Like you, I've had to prioritize my spending. But I'm not pissed that other people get better seats. I'm glad that they put in the money I don't so that we have the resources to be a major athletic program.
    This post nails it.

If you want better options, then give more money. Stop whining about how unfair it is for the people that have given more to get more. If you are like me and you aren't willing/able to give more, that is completely fine, but don't stick your lip out because you can't have what the rich kids have.....that is just life.

vCash
    I get that everyone doesnt operate like I do... but you can get tickets to any game you want to for face or cheaper outside the stadium... literally any game you want to... even the national championship game (I have been twice)... You have to understand how to operate and when and who to buy tickets from... Biggest game in the history of Mississippi State up until this point was the Auburn game... Foolish people got in that meat grinder in front of the stadium with all the scalpers wanting $250 a pop... I went up to three different people.. spent less than ten minutes in my conquest and paid $100 for a pair of lower level tickets for me and my son from a really nice old guy who just wanted us to promise not to resell them to Auburn fans and to have a good time... I would like to puff out my chest say man I got lucky but thats literally my experience every game I go to... Last year at the Liberty bowl.. I paid $30 and a cold bud light for a pair(50 yard line seats about 40 rows up).. I could go on and on.. but maybe this isnt the point.. I guess some people want their tickets to show up in pretty envelopes weeks before the event and are willing to pay through their noses for that... and before you start yes I contribute to the bulldog club all that I can justify.. I just choose not to buy my tickets from them because at my contribution level my tickets would suck and I can get better tickets 99 times out of a 100 on game day for cheaper... to each his own.. but i dont understand the whining if you cant keep up with the jones's... If you choose to participate in the rat race you better be willing to fork over the big bucks when the stakes get high
    Last edited by thedawg; 11-13-2014 at 01:54 PM.