Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
As far as Alabama, we're always going to have an uphill battle if Alabama or Auburn want an Alabama native.

I still think that we should focus more on Louisiana- or at least as much as Dan is. Just because in Louisiana you have one major SEC school vs. the two in Alabama. Plus, I think Louisiana is very underrated as far as how much talent is there. IMO, there is more talent in New Orleans than there is in Memphis.

You look at our team- Dak, Josh, Ryan Brown- and then we are getting Briston Guidry from there in 2016. LSU can't take them all.

I think our program has focused a lot on Alabama because most of the time we have had coaches that were from or had connections to the University of Alabama.

We need to find the overlooked guys from Alabama- like Bear Wilson and Blaine Clausell.
If I recall correctly, Auburn and Alabama tend to only take around 10 - 15 of the top players from Alabama. Approximately ten to fifteen combined. That leaves a lot of kids who can play looking for a place to play.