Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If our team had HALF on ULL's 'want-to/balls/grit/edge/eye of tiger/etc......

Banned
    vCash

If our team had HALF on ULL's 'want-to/balls/grit/edge/eye of tiger/etc......

We'd have went 45-10 this year and been a national seed. Good lesson for this entitled, 'we've-been-a-celebrity-too-long' ragtag bunch we have. They play dirty, they attack the game, they play with nothing to lose....all qualities that MSU used to have under Cohen. Right up until we got soft because we thought we accomplished something last year.

Their fans may suck, but I'm a fan of the way ULL plays. Our lackadaisical BS has been bothering me all year. And maybe it's been just a few players, but that attitude infiltrates.

vCash
    Yeah, that is it. Our guys don't want it. They are just here for the uniforms and the pizza party.***

vCash
    #goating

Banned
    vCash
    Have they earned your respect yet, engine?

Bwa ha ha

Banned
    vCash
    Only our dumbass sheep fans could keep the veil over their heads all year long, when confronted by what the real problem was with this bunch. Inability to deal with success. I hope Cohen corrects that shit next year, this regional will be a good teaching tool.

vCash
    whew...

maybe it's just that ULL has a really good hitting coach

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Holder View Post

Bwa ha ha
    "dey aint in da mighty SEC and dey can't hit ross!1! We win 6-2 and ross drinks a victory mt. dew!!1!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    "dey aint in da mighty SEC and dey can't hit ross!1! We win 6-2 and ross drinks a victory mt. dew!!1!"
    Cajuns #1 fan.

vCash
    Only a dumbass could watch this team and think if the attitude and effort was better..... We would have a couple of Powells and Clark and Palmerio back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Holder View Post

Bwa ha ha
    No.

Banned
    vCash
    Hard to be aggressive/eye of the tiger/gritty when our approach is passive and pastel.

"Go stand close and try to get hit or walk and lets look for something to try to slap through"

Garner, you swing early and have the slight uppercut that is necessary for extra base hits.. You can't play for this squad. You either Flair!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Only a dumbass could watch this team and think if the attitude and effort was better..... We would have a couple of Powells and Clark and Palmerio back.
    How many 180* personalities does Goat have to show you before you simply realize your statement is true?

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    WE do get to play tomorrow, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    WE do get to play tomorrow, right?
    No. We lost before we ever showed up according to a handful of these "fans"...

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Cajuns #1 fan.
    So because I said that this team can hit before the game (while I was bombarded with predictions like "we would win easy because they got shut out by JSU") means that I'm a Cajuns fan? Look, You guys threw me under the 17ing bus for stating a dissenting, yet objective opinion, while I saw posts like "they aren't in the SEC" and "they had an easy schedule" and "they got shut out by JSU" and now our shit is literally getting kicked in like it hasn't all year makes me a Cajun's fan? You throw me under the bus for stating something objective and I get labeled a "Cajuns fan..." ... right....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    So because I said that this team can hit before the game (while I was bombarded with predictions like "we would win easy because they got shut out by JSU") means that I'm a Cajuns fan? Look, You guys threw me under the 17ing bus for stating a dissenting, yet objective opinion, while I saw posts like "they aren't in the SEC" and "they had an easy schedule" and "they got shut out by JSU" and now our shit is literally getting kicked in like it hasn't all year makes me a Cajun's fan? You throw me under the bus for stating something objective and I get labeled a "Cajuns fan..." ... right....
    When all us "state" fans are pissed off, you're in here bragging about ull ripping us a new one.

Oh and you guys have to win another one. It's not over

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Until we get a hitting instructor who teaches our batters to make contact out in front of the plate, we will not go very far. It's simple if you watch ULL hitters vs ours and you all see the difference. They make contact out front of plate and for break/roll over their hands. That's the difference in our singles hitters and their extra base hitters.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    When all us "state" fans are pissed off, you're in here bragging about ull ripping us a new one.

Oh and you guys have to win another one. It's not over
    Ok, but I'm not a Cajuns fan. Thanks for throwing me under the bus, BTW. "discussion of all things MSU," and all...

vCash
    You started a poor ole MSU thread and got responded to accordingly. No one with any sense said, nor expected, ULL to be a damn pushover. We said we weren't conceding crap to them on the front end. And I'm STILL not conceding crap to them. They've hit well tonight, I tip my hat. Beauty of baseball is that we get to do it again tomorrow with what was arguably our best starter toward the end of the year, our best overall pitcher, and our All-American closer.

It's hilarious that you want to "give" them the regional in this circumstance -- while still trying to argue that your position isn't "poor ole MSU".
    Last edited by engie; 06-01-2014 at 10:06 PM.

vCash
    We don't have the edge and chip on our shoulder like we had last year. We don't make a ton of big offensive plays, we don't make a ton of game changing plays at bases like we did last year to give us an emotional lift. Frazier and Renfroe gave us a lot of those and we obviously are missing that.

Clearly we aren't scary offensively and we knew our hitting was our limiting factor once we got to postseason play. We had to hope either our pitching was very dominant or our hitting would step up. So far tonight neither have happened. Bad game and we have to flush it but obviously we are in a bit of a pickle. We better not come out intimidated tomorrow or we will have lost before we throw a pitch.