Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Dawgs vs. Kentucky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Why take out Tatum for gentry? Bc Cohen is an idiot
    Exactly. If you change pitchers it's to go to Holder.
    Damn You Cohen.

vCash
    Gave it away, had plenty of opportunities to win that game. Need to just get out of there tomorrow and get ready for a road regional.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClancyDawg View Post
    It is weird every loss we have numerous fingers pointing at number 11 in the dugout for multiple reasons.
    You know, I defended you when you were banned. I'm starting to come around to the other side. We get it.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    I try to more or less stay out of that debate most of the time, but I'm gonna openly agree on this one. I saw too many dadgum times that he had us trying too dadgum hard instead of just letting it happen. Several times I though we made decisions on offense and baserunning like if we scored it was gonna be a walk off. Did Cohen know we were the visiting team?
    Did he know UK is pretty good at scoring and playing for 1 early wouldn't cut it? No. Bunt bunt hit and run hit and run bunt against UK's scrubs.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    This is on our pitching staff that had the lead on 4 separate occasions and couldn't hold it. The paly at the plate with Armstrong was just a great play. Our staff walked guys and gave them all the opportunities in the world and they finally took it.
    Very true. Our pitching let us down tonight for the first time in a long time.

I still think back to all those weak hits that found holes in the 6th and that lucky bloop double by AJ Reed... Without those, we win this game a long time ago. You can't blame it all on that though- we blew tons of opportunities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    Exactly. If you change pitchers it's to go to Holder.
    Damn You Cohen.
    Yep, the game was lost when we brought in Gentry. When we managed not to lose it with Gentry, Cohen said "by God I can still lose us this game....Butch, tell Preston to get loose!".

F'ing Cohen. What a love/hate relationship he creates

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    This is on our pitching staff that had the lead on 4 separate occasions and couldn't hold it. The paly at the plate with Armstrong was just a great play. Our staff walked guys and gave them all the opportunities in the world and they finally took it.
    That is only because the offense failed to win the game and put them away early when we had ample chance to make this game look like last night's game. Pitching failed later because we were FORCED to count on it. Shouldn't have had to. We should've won this game and it should have been ugly.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Preston brown and gentry never need to see the field the rest of the year. In browns last 2 appearances he's recorded 2 outs... Combined. Gentry either strikes out the side or gives up a blast. I'm sick of the damn Cohen projects. I like Cohen a lot, but some things just make me scratch my head.

vCash
    ClancyWillDawgJames will you EVER give it a rest? I swear on all that is holy, you are the most annoying poster on this board BY FAR! And I started out taking your side some. You make this board beyond tedious. Don't you think we know what the **** you think of Cohen and bunting by now? Do you REALLY have to say it 50 times a day????

Damn, I hope they ban your ass to SPS! You're like that annoying kid who's only retort is, "I know you are. but what am I?". You're so ****ing annoying, I actually want to believe in bunting at all times, in all circumstances, and praise Cohen for every move, because I'm just so damn sick & tired of your bullshit!

You aren't convincing ANYONE to change to your POV. You're just making an ass out of yourself so much and so often, it's painful to watch.

Banned
    vCash
    They are who we thought they were, and we let em off the hook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClancyDawg View Post
    It is weird every loss we have numerous fingers pointing at number 11 in the dugout for multiple reasons.
    the only fingers I see are yours. So who do you credit for every win we have? I know your whole bit is to blame Cohen for everything wrong that happens, but it gets kind of old. If you think you can do better, then go talk to Scott and get yourself a HC position.

I know I don't post much, so I'm ready for the blasting that's coming...
    Last edited by mrucker85; 05-23-2014 at 12:59 AM.

vCash
    Bright side is hopefully the Preston Brown experiment is over. We learned he's done this year. Only all of us knew that except Cohen.

vCash
    Well, I'm gonna go sleep off this gripey/pissey mood. Enjoyed it fellas. Good night.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    The game was lost tonight when we had bases loaded, no outs in the 8th (or thereabouts) and Henderson grounded into the double play. No bunts in that inning, I believe. Just bad hitting.

Give Kentucky credit.... They made some must-have defensive plays.

Banned
    vCash
    Game was lost when we were up 4-1 and shit it away in one inning. Oh well. Time for regionals now.

vCash
    All in all great game guys. Great thread. I'll end my rant with this, we either go way up or way down from this. They can learn from it or fold.

vCash
    I have to say that was a really good game to watch, sucks we lost, but we get at least one more this tourney and then the regionals to see what we can do. Kentucky is playing really good right now. Yeah we made mistakes, but so did they. Like everybody else, I really wanted this win, and maybe it's just me, but you can't ask for a better one to lose (minus the extra innings and pitchers we had to use)

vCash
    Up 4-1 and Ross gets the little chopper over Wes' head and another lazy grounder that finds a hole. Then we have the infield in, up by 2 runs and the line drive that Heck couldn't handle. If we are at normal depth, that's an easy out. Then Ross gave up the only solid hit against him, tie game. Weird inning to say the least.

I still don't know about the play at the plate. Helluva throw, helluva play by the catcher to block the plate. Armstrongs foot definitely went up and over and on to the plate. But did the catcher actually ever tag him on the back with his glove? It appeared to me the glove never touched him. The catchers forearm did, but the glove with the ball was above his back to me.

No sense in bitching. It's over. It's 1 am. Players won't be able to sleep worth a shit because they'll be pissed about the loss. We used damn near all our pitching in this game. And UF will be rested and ready. Winning tomorrow does what for us? Even if we do win, what the Hell will we do for Saturday? Play the youngsters, go out and have fun and get ready for the regional

vCash
    Last night showed how good we can play... Tonight was how we've looked all year.
    Happy Festivus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    Great throw, great play by UK catcher, who blocked the plate just enough.
    Dude he was safe. Worst blown call I have seen in a while. You guys talk about the foot coming up but he tagged him right as he was on the plate. Either way anyway you look at it, the ump always calls you safe when the tie goes to the runner but if you slow it down his other foot got in safely at the plate before the tag was applied. Very bad call.