Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
Nah, we haven't recruited worth a shit and you'll see it next year in a massive way. Injuries hurt for sure, but recruiting is trash. We don't have many kids left from the last few classes either.
I expect us to hit the portal pretty hard. I'll worry about 2025 if we completely swing and miss in the portal- and no I'm not talking about swinging and missing on whoever this portal season's Braden Montgomery is.

To be honest, I think that's just life in this era of college baseball.

I think if we can get Hardin back that would be nice. I like Nolan Stevens, Luke Dotson, and Bradley Loftin's potential. We should get Makhai Grant back as well. I'm optimistic that Parker can make Gavin Black and Siary better next plus we should get some decent JUCO pitchers plus whatever we can get out of the portal.

We might get Highfill back. I'm not sure if it's at catcher though. I'm sure we'll get a catcher out of the portal.

Our MIF looks strong with Cupp and Pulliam. And that's if Mershon goes pro. If Mershon comes back we can play Pulliam in the OF. Jackson McKenzie and Henry Allen are solid prospects but again I expect us to get corner INF/OF guys out of the portal as well. We get Chance back for the OF. Stevens should take one of the OF spots and we get Rives Reynolds back.

What I described is our worst case scenario and it really doesn't look that bad AS LONG as we do OK in the portal. I mean I went scorched earth on draft prospects and assumed we lost guys like Pico too. And we should have plenty of NIL money freed up losing our seniors and guys like Hines and Dakota. Not to mention we don't look like a dumpster fire anymore which probably helps.