Thread: Chance to Lead Off has been a huge success

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash

Chance to Lead Off has been a huge success

Agree or disagree?

I think it's fantasitc.

If Dakota hits like yesterday. Auguer continues the rise and Picoh shows out today...we may be starting the "peak"
    which would be great timing.

It's all coming togethger!!!

Banned
    vCash
    we can sure hope

vCash
    Has it? Trout is 8/37 in the leadoff role he began at Candy for a .216 avg. However his OBP is .333 over the span with 5 runs scored
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Has it? Trout is 8/37 in the leadoff role he began at Candy for a .216 avg. However his OBP is .333 over the span with 5 runs scored
    I know you don't like him. But he's hit it better than that. Even the vandy series he had some loud outs. And went 0-fer that weekend. He's not a gimme out like the bottom of our lineup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I know you don't like him. But he's hit it better than that. Even the vandy series he had some loud outs. And went 0-fer that weekend. He's not a gimme out like the bottom of our lineup
    No he's not and he has been adjusting as of late. It's probably helped Larry more getting him out of the spot.

vCash

He started off really slow, but he's hitting now. You made a good point about Larry.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    Agree or disagree?

I think it's fantasitc.

If Dakota hits like yesterday. Auguer continues the rise and Picoh shows out today...we may be starting the "peak"
    which would be great timing.

It's all coming togethger!!!
    That can't be; we were told Chance was barely a SWAC player not SEC****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    That can't be; we were told Chance was barely a SWAC player not SEC****
    9/42 since moving to leadoff- .214.... .327 OBP

I dont know where you guys get "huge success" from that- but ok

vCash
    I think the bigger thing is we got Larry out of the lead off spot. The other thing is Chance is starting to get ok with just taking a walk. Had 4 walks this weekend. We need someone like that in our lineup who is ok with just taking a walk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I think the bigger thing is we got Larry out of the lead off spot. The other thing is Chance is starting to get ok with just taking a walk. Had 4 walks this weekend. We need someone like that in our lineup who is ok with just taking a walk.
    I agree that its certainly helped Larry getting out of the 1 hole. But moving there has bothered Trout- that cant be debated. Still think we need to flip he and Dirtbag in the order

vCash
    I agree that its certainly helped Larry getting out of the 1 hole. But moving there has bothered Trout- that cant be debated. Still think we need to flip he and Dirtbag in the order
    And Mershon can do the same thing. I think he's even more comfortable taking a walk than Chance. Chance's biggest issue sometimes, at least I think, is that he tries to be something he's not. He tries to be that Jordan or Hujsak type hitter when he needs to be a Mershon type hitter.

vCash
    I?d like to publicly apologize for this take.

No questions at
    This time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    I?d like to publicly apologize for this take.

No questions at
    This time.
    You have been an absolute jinx this season. Please stop my friend. Next thing ya know you will post about Lebby's health