Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Game 2 vs Arkansas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Molina, the Arkansas Sunday starter was the Texas Tech Friday guy. FYI

MSU wanted Molina from the portal. Would be Friday at most schools

Will be huge to win, but it will be tough as expected
    Molina has found SEC life is a tougher road than the B12.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    If so, we are in. Kentucky, Arkansas, Georgia, Texas AM, and Tennessee will host. That’s five. Then us and South Carolina fight for 6 and 7.
    agree

Banned
    vCash
    That?s what I was saying tonight. Imagine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Molina and tygart have both struggled lately in sec games. Arky is now 4-4 in their last 8 sec games. Van horn said he might change rotation this weekend and sit tygart and Molina, but he pitched the dude last night to close. Their pitching outside of hagan can be hit. Will we hit enough that's the key. We've been extremely patient this weekend and drove their pitch counts up but need to start taking advantage of all the walks. Tomorrow is definitely winnable

vCash
    He's doing quite well. Statistically only behind the Ace. 3.94 ERA is second best and OBA is 214. His SEC w/L is 1-2 but that not a pitcher metric. Im talking SEC stats by-the-way.

Strangely, he's a LHP that is tougher on RHH. But LHH are only hitting 220.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    We've been extremely patient this weekend and drove their pitch counts up
    I think this had to be the strategy. I think Lemonis and Gautreau pressed on the team to take pitches. I think they wanted to run up counts to get the starters out.

vCash
    Molina and tygart have both struggled lately in sec games. Arky is now 4-4 in their last 8 sec games. Van horn said he might change rotation this weekend and sit tygart and Molina, but he pitched the dude last night to close. Their pitching outside of hagan can be hit. Will we hit enough that's the key. We've been extremely patient this weekend and drove their pitch counts up but need to start taking advantage of all the walks. Tomorrow is definitely winnable
    We need to do better with the bases loaded. We have to stop pressing and just put the ball in play especially if there are two strikes on us. And yes, I know the umpire was trash on some of those calls tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We need to do better with the bases loaded. We have to stop pressing and just put the ball in play especially if there are two strikes on us. And yes, I know the umpire was trash on some of those calls tonight.
    I agree we could've blown this game open with just one hit with the bases loaded. Gottta get it done. Angel Hernandez...I mean Jeff head behind the plate didn't do us any favors either lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    He's doing quite well. Statistically only behind the Ace. 3.94 ERA is second best and OBA is 214. His SEC w/L is 1-2 but that not a pitcher metric. Im talking SEC stats by-the-way.

Strangely, he's a LHP that is tougher on RHH. But LHH are only hitting 220.
    Stats okkkkk....but do you really think UPig paid all that money for him to be 1-2 in the SEC 8 weekends in?

vCash
    RPI now up to 15!

vCash
    This would have been a crazy statement going into this weekend, but we have been the better team this weekend. If not for leaving a village on the bases, we would be going for the sweep tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    This would have been a crazy statement going into this weekend, but we have been the better team this weekend. If not for leaving a village on the bases, we would be going for the sweep tomorrow.
    Or really just an off game from Hardin.

vCash
    Stats okkkkk....but do you really think UPig paid all that money for him to be 1-2 in the SEC 8 weekends in?
    I don't know how much they paid. They do have the best pitching staff in the SEC, statistically. He's not doing worse than he did at TTU. In Lubbock had a higher ERA and same record 1-2 in the conference.

I'm not saying Molina is Skenes, just saying that he was the TTU Friday Guy and that he was a very coveted Portal kid.

Pico tomorrow has stats on his side. Arkansas versus LHP does not hit for a dramatically lower average vs LHP but they do have much less power production, dramatically less.

So Pico--> Ligon --> Davis is competitive.

Speaking of competitiveness, I would like to see a more potent batter for injured Hujsak. Today Downs looked overmatched. Maybe we see Stevens start if his wrist is ok. I wish we knew the status of Highfill, Cupp, Hujsak, Dohm, Loftin, and Stevens.

vCash
    Downs just doesn’t look like he sees the ball well. It also surprises me that he has a weak bat. He looks more built than Bryce Chance, but has very few EBHs.

vCash
    Great way to answer today dawgs!

vCash
    Or really just an off game from Hardin.
    First runs he's given up since February 24. Over 2 months since he's given up a run. That's a pretty good run.

vCash
    First runs he's given up since February 24. Over 2 months since he's given up a run. That's a pretty good run.
    It seemed like he left pitches up in the zone more than usual for whatever reason. Just an off night. I would pitch him tomorrow in a save situation if needed. If not I might let him throw an inning against North Alabama just to get his mojo back.

vCash
    It seemed like he left pitches up in the zone more than usual for whatever reason. Just an off night. I would pitch him tomorrow in a save situation if needed. If not I might let him throw an inning against North Alabama just to get his mojo back.
    We don’t play tomorrow. Monday is an off day.

vCash
    Dude hasnt given up a run in 2 months and finally doesn?t have his best stuff one night and you ready to throw him in the mid week?? Come on Todd, you better than that. He?s a stud. He?s too good not to bounce back. Just saying, I serious doubt he lost his mojo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    We don’t play tomorrow. Monday is an off day.
    Bro...........