Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
It really is. Theres more talent available all the way around. Even in the juco levels now it's common to see every team with kids throwing low to mid 90s and tons of guys that can mash the baseball. It used to be rare to see that kind of talent in juco, now it's common. Heck my sons last year at Gulf Coast they had 6 D1 transfers come in and that's happening all over, Jones, PRCC, Hinds, it's all over. There's just more high end talent to go around especially with the cut in mlb draft, nil, covid extra years. It's been a trickle down effect. Most average fans don't realize this, but if you're connected and involved in it at every level, you see it everyday.
It's interesting to me how long it has taken MLB to realize that they had a huge cost savings opportunity for player development via College Baseball and their Caribbean academies. MiLB will never go away completely - but I think in the next round you will see it parred down to 3 MiLB teams per franchise; a development academy at their Spring training sites; their international academies. As MiLB players have pushed for more money - the reduction in teams became inevitable. College and JUCO will fill that Low-A gap, and fewer and fewer High School guys will be getting drafted.