Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
Saying it spoiled us might be true about some fans but not all. It also ingnited our base to see our full potential when we are trying every year to knock down doors.
We had a legendary coach whose recruiting was "have the kid come to my camp". Whatever he did, and his methods were perfectly fine with our fan base for way too many years, as we saw Ole Miss hire a coach that started taking the kids in MS and surrounding areas that used to be ours.

I think there is truth from both aspects about the past 10 years. Maybe some raised the bar too much, but then others see what our stadium, NIL, and fan support can really do with a coach that is a recruiter and evaluator of talent.
We don't want to go back to the Lazy Boy recliner and lower the bar, and in no way do I want to see MSU baseball go back to that complacency.

So when I hear people say our fan base is spoiled over the past 10 years.....I hear that but also get vibes of the old fan base complacency that you say we historically should accept.
Not just our fanbase, but ANY fanbase would have been spoiled with that. In 10 years we had 8 tournament appearances (COVID took away 2020 season), 7 Supers, 4 CWS appearances, and a national championship. In today's college baseball world where more than 10 programs care, that is a ABSURD hit rate for success.