Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
COrrect you didn't say we'd be "better", that's sloppy wording on my part. I understood you meant wed be roughly the same next year. But a LOT of those names you mention currently cannot hit non-con pitching.

Like who's the proven hitters coming back? Mershon, Chance, Highfill (does he come back? I have no idea). That's it isn't it? We need 2-3 hitters that can't currently hit to develop into SEC hitters, a stud Fr to come in and play quickly, and what, 3 Portal players that can ball? This season we got no good Portal pickups, just solid defenders that can't hit. Year before we got what, 2? Ledd and Larry?

We certainly CAN be decent next year but there's a MASSIVE amount of holes to fill. When was the last time we lost 7 of our lineup including the top 3 hitters? Pitching I'm not going to look hard at, Parker deserves the benefit of the doubt. I will panic if he gets a HC job though lol
Parker, you're 100% right. We better pay up.
That being said there is no wonder we couldn't pick anyone up. Missing the tournament two years in a row.
I think the portal will look a lot different this year if we continue to find ways to win the games we think that we will