Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
If we had a modern coach who had 3 straight 13-17 seasons, I would expect him to be fired even if all 3 made Regionals (although if we made Omaha in that stretch, we probably wouldn't). With that in mind, I don't think it's controversial to say 9-21, 9-21, 13-17 is worse. I'd also still be comfortable letting him go at 14-16 because a "replacement level coach" should be able to match or exceed what he's doing at that point.

We have so many advantages in baseball that we don't have in other sports. Any halfway decent coach should be hosting more often than not and never having a season as bad as 9-21. Yeah stuff happens from time to time but not 3 straight losing conference seasons. The transfer portal takes the "it takes time to rebuild!" argument away.

Hopefully Lemonis gets 17 or 18 (or more) wins, hosts, and makes this whole discussion moot. Given our talent level and what seems to be a great mentality of the team, there's no excuse for not getting there.
I agree with that to a point. Talent hasn't been our issue though. We sucked in 2022 with a lot of NC players still on that team. But as bad as we were and bad at the top (coaching) that is hard to fix in one year. Takes a few at least. Looks like we are on our way and even have righted the ship. Floor is regional this year (kinda expected to host now). Question of making post season in baseball at MSU is not even a question. Making a regional is always the floor and hosting is kinda like par. Making a super is a goal. Anything can happen after that.